Register a free account to unlock additional features at BleepingComputer.com
Welcome to BleepingComputer, a free community where people like yourself come together to discuss and learn how to use their computers. Using the site is easy and fun. As a guest, you can browse and view the various discussions in the forums, but can not create a new topic or reply to an existing one unless you are logged in. Other benefits of registering an account are subscribing to topics and forums, creating a blog, and having no ads shown anywhere on the site.

Click here to Register a free account now! or read our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

Photo

Fix-it Utilities 6 Professional Auto Update

• Please log in to reply
2 replies to this topic

#1 looky_lou

looky_lou

• Members
  • 25 posts
  •  
  • Local time:11:38 PM

Posted 14 March 2007 - 09:15 PM

Hi,

I am using Fix-It Utilities 6 Professional on XP-Home. I have it se to check for updates for virus def files etc everyday at 7:30pm.

About a week ago, when it pops up the screen for checking for updates and I click check for updates it come back with a error message:

EasyUpdate cannot connect to the server until your fix-it installation is properly authenticated. If you have a firewall running, please make sure you allow fix-it to access the internet.

Then it has an OK button.

The only firewall I have is the Windows XP firewall. I have made sure that fix-it has permission. I have tried disabling the firewall all together. Still no luck.

It seems that it started this after I downloaded updates for virus, spyware, etc on 02/11/2007.

Any help with this would be appreciated.

Thanks,
Lou

BC AdBot (Login to Remove)

#2 fozzie

fozzie

aut viam inveniam aut faciam

• Members
  • 3,516 posts
  •  
  • Local time:04:38 AM

Posted 15 March 2007 - 05:23 AM

Is this a legitimate version? Seeing this
EasyUpdate cannot connect to the server until your fix-it installation is properly authenticated
immediately comes to mind that you have not authenticated your installation. FAQ on FIU6

#3 looky_lou

looky_lou
  • Topic Starter

• Members
  • 25 posts
  •  
  • Local time:11:38 PM

Posted 15 March 2007 - 09:51 PM

Is this a legitimate version? Seeing this

EasyUpdate cannot connect to the server until your fix-it installation is properly authenticated
immediately comes to mind that you have not authenticated your installation. FAQ on FIU6

Fozzie,
Thanks for the link. Yes it is a ligitimate version.

I was able to get this resolved with v-com today. I was able to download an updated version from them and uninstall the old one and reinstall.

There must have been something that corrupted or something. It would not connect to the v-com server to authenticate.

The ne one is working fine now. I did already switch over to AVS for my anti virus last night. I think I will stick with it for my AV but I do use fix-it for other things.

Thanks,
Lou

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users