The "File Missing "message in HJT logs not necessarely means you are really missing thoses files. This could also be the result of a remainder of malware which was removed via your security programs.
The most prudent steps to undertake are :
n normal mode, run an online antivirus check from at least two and preferably three of the following sitesBitDefenderComputer Associates Online Virus ScanPanda's ActiveScanTrend Micro HousecallWindows Live Safety Center Free Online ScanThis scanner from Trend does not require an Active X to run.
1. Detects and removes malware ( viruses, worms, trojans, etc. )
2. Detects and removes grayware and spyware
3. Restores damage caused by malware to your system.
4. Notifies about vulnerabilities in installed programs and connected network services.
5. Multi-platform support for: Windows, Linux, Solaris.
6. Easy-to-use with the Microsoft Internet Explorer and Mozilla Firefox.
If you are sure you are clean than :
* Clean your Cache and Cookies in IE:
* Close all instances of Outlook Express and Internet Explorer
* Go to Control Panel > Internet Options > General tab
* Under Browsing History, click "Delete".
* Click "Delete Files", "Delete cookies" and "Delete history"
* Click Close below.
* Clean your Cache and Cookies in Firefox (In case you also have Firefox installed):
* Go to Tools > Options.
* Click Privacy in the menu..
* Click the Clear now button below.. A new window will popup what to clear.
* Select all and click the Clear button again.
* Click OK to close the Options window
* Clean other Temporary files + Recycle bin
* Go to start > run and type: cleanmgr and click ok.
* Let it scan your system for files to remove.
* Make sure Temporary Files, Temporary Internet Files, and Recycle Bin are the only things checked.
* Press OK to remove them.
try to do a repair with sfc/scannow and have your XP pro disc ready since it will need to copy those files from the disc. Here
is an excellent tutorial on that subject.
Post back the results of the scans you did if you have any doubt.
Edited by fozzie, 15 March 2007 - 03:54 AM.