Register a free account to unlock additional features at BleepingComputer.com
Welcome to BleepingComputer, a free community where people like yourself come together to discuss and learn how to use their computers. Using the site is easy and fun. As a guest, you can browse and view the various discussions in the forums, but can not create a new topic or reply to an existing one unless you are logged in. Other benefits of registering an account are subscribing to topics and forums, creating a blog, and having no ads shown anywhere on the site.

Click here to Register a free account now! or read our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

Photo

Security Setup

• Please log in to reply
3 replies to this topic

#1 nixie21

nixie21

• Members
  • 39 posts
  •  
  • Local time:11:43 AM

Posted 14 March 2007 - 03:49 PM

My system now:

Realtime:

Nod32
Comodo FW
Winpatrol
Cyberhawk
Trojan Hunter

I use Firefox, router firewall, spyware blaster, MVPS hosts file

On-demand:

Super Antispyware, AVG AS, Spyware terminator.

First, do I need all the realtime stuff I have running?

Now I have won the following:

Norton Confidential
SuperADBlocker
Greenborder Pro

Where do these fit in my system? Replace something, add to it, do not use (and use on my other computers)

Thanks

BC AdBot (Login to Remove)

#2 ComputerWhizz7

ComputerWhizz7

• Members
  • 408 posts
  •  
  • Local time:04:43 AM

Posted 14 March 2007 - 04:15 PM

Sounds to me that you have everything covered with all of those programs. But in my opinion you only need one of each type of program running when the system loads. You can run the other's when you want to double check you don't have any spyware or viruses. I really don't see any point in running SuperADBlocker because Firefox has one built in and it's pretty dang good I must say :trumpet: . Why pay for software where there is plenty of good free ones that do the same job and in some cases better. Some of the paid ones take up so much system time that your computer does not give full performance for example Norton Internet Security (Great software, slows systems down). :thumbsup: that's just my opinion i'm sure others have theres. :flowers:

Edited by ComputerWhizz7, 14 March 2007 - 04:17 PM.

I came, I saw, I conquered. - Julius Caeser

#3 nixie21

nixie21
  • Topic Starter

• Members
  • 39 posts
  •  
  • Local time:11:43 AM

Posted 14 March 2007 - 06:08 PM

Thanks, but from what I have read, superadblocker has superantispyware scan engine, so I would be adding an AS...

#4 groovicus

groovicus

• Security Colleague
  • 9,963 posts
  •  
  • Local time:09:43 AM

Posted 14 March 2007 - 08:09 PM

Any particular reason why this was cross-posted with security-forums.com?

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users