Register a free account to unlock additional features at BleepingComputer.com
Welcome to BleepingComputer, a free community where people like yourself come together to discuss and learn how to use their computers. Using the site is easy and fun. As a guest, you can browse and view the various discussions in the forums, but can not create a new topic or reply to an existing one unless you are logged in. Other benefits of registering an account are subscribing to topics and forums, creating a blog, and having no ads shown anywhere on the site.

Click here to Register a free account now! or read our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

Photo

Microsoft.windowssecuritycenter.firewalloverride

• Please log in to reply
6 replies to this topic

#1 C J.

C J.

• Members
  • 50 posts
  •  
  • Local time:04:10 AM

Posted 14 March 2007 - 03:15 PM

This is really driving me nuts. I've done numerous scans for Trojans, Worms,malware, spyware, even misplaced underwear... and this still keeps popping up in Spybot Search and Destroy's list of things to fix (but it isn't being fixed, and somehow its reinstalling itself) What tipped me off there might be a problem, was when I was getting a Security Center warning that Zone Alarm was turned off. Then I was getting the yellow X in Red Square (true vector Monitoring service) Went to Zone Alarm Forums... Zilch But I did manage to fix the TVMS problem. Last alert from Windows Security was Firewall Status: Unknown ZA seems to be working.

BC AdBot (Login to Remove)

#2 ComputerWhizz7

ComputerWhizz7

• Members
  • 408 posts
  •  
  • Local time:12:10 AM

Posted 14 March 2007 - 03:20 PM

Microsoft.windowssecuritycenter.firewalloverride is nothing to be alarmed about. You have checked the tick box in Windows Security that you are monitoring the firewall yourself. :thumbsup: So don't worry it's there doing no harm to your computer.

Edited by ComputerWhizz7, 14 March 2007 - 03:21 PM.

I came, I saw, I conquered. - Julius Caeser

#3 C J.

C J.
  • Topic Starter

• Members
  • 50 posts
  •  
  • Local time:04:10 AM

Posted 14 March 2007 - 03:41 PM

Microsoft.windowssecuritycenter.firewalloverride is nothing to be alarmed about. You have checked the tick box in Windows Security that you are monitoring the firewall yourself. :thumbsup: So don't worry it's there doing no harm to your computer.

Okay then... yeah, I've ticked the "I have a firewall solution I'll monitor myself" item, however, while looking in the registry under Security Center... the dword value for Firewall and Antivirus items were all 0'ed.

before ZoneAlarm always showed as Green "ON" in security center... so the "Firewall is turned off..." or " Firewall status is unknown" is a recent occurence. AVG did find a couple of items in E:\Recycler that were traces of an NC.exe or a De1.exe - both are identified as "RemoteAdmin" and embedded... but theres little information about this. The Recycle bins have been emptied...

#4 nigglesnush85

nigglesnush85

• Members
  • 4,371 posts
  •  
  • Local time:11:10 AM

Posted 14 March 2007 - 06:51 PM

Hello,

The registry is confirming that it is not set to monitor your security products. to make sure your firewall is running, bring up task manager and have a look for something that begins with "zls" also, firewalls will have a service it the services.msc window

Hope this helps
Regards,

Alan.

#5 tg1911

tg1911

Lord Spam Magnet

• Members
  • 19,274 posts
  •  
  • Local time:05:10 AM

Posted 15 March 2007 - 08:07 AM

Spybot's just telling you that your MS Security Center isn't set up the way MS likes it.
Windows likes to do things a certain way, and if it isn't done that way, Windows tends to whine about it.

Don't have Spybot "fix" them.
The next time they come up on a scan, do this for each one:
Single click it, to highlight it
Then right click it
In the menu that pops up, select Exclude this detection from further searches
That should keep them from showing up in future scans.
MOBO: GIGABYTE GA-MA790X-UD4P, CPU: Phenom II X4 955 Deneb BE, HS/F: CoolerMaster V8, RAM: 2 x 1G Kingston HyperX DDR2 800, VGA: ECS GeForce Black GTX 560, PSU: Antec TruePower Modular 750W, Soundcard: Asus Xonar D1, Case: CoolerMaster COSMOS 1000, Storage: Internal - 2 x Seagate 250GB SATA, 2 x WD 1TB SATA; External - Seagate 500GB USB, WD 640GB eSATA, 3 x WD 1TB eSATA

Become a BleepingComputer fan: Facebook

#6 quietman7

quietman7

Bleepin' Janitor

• Global Moderator
  • 51,905 posts
  •  
  • Local time:06:10 AM

Posted 15 March 2007 - 01:56 PM

You also might want to read the FAQ: Why does Spybot-S&D flag changes in the Windows Security Center?.
Windows Insider MVP 2017-2018
Microsoft MVP Reconnect 2016
Microsoft MVP Consumer Security 2007-2015 kO7xOZh.gif
Member of UNITE, Unified Network of Instructors and Trusted Eliminators

If I have been helpful & you'd like to consider a donation, click 38WxTfO.gif

#7 HitSquad

HitSquad

You're Bleepin' or you're Weepin'

• Members
  • 1,573 posts
  •  
  • Local time:06:10 AM

Posted 15 March 2007 - 02:14 PM

In the menu that pops up, select Exclude this detection from further searches
That should keep them from showing up in future scans.

Or alternatively, via Spybots interface, Settings>Ignore Products>Security.sbi tab.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users