Register a free account to unlock additional features at BleepingComputer.com
Welcome to BleepingComputer, a free community where people like yourself come together to discuss and learn how to use their computers. Using the site is easy and fun. As a guest, you can browse and view the various discussions in the forums, but can not create a new topic or reply to an existing one unless you are logged in. Other benefits of registering an account are subscribing to topics and forums, creating a blog, and having no ads shown anywhere on the site.

Click here to Register a free account now! or read our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

Photo

Seti@home Bc Team

• Please log in to reply
1 reply to this topic

#1 Andrew

Andrew

Bleepin' Night Watchman

• 8,256 posts
  •  
  • Local time:03:11 PM

Posted 14 March 2007 - 02:42 PM

I recently installed the SETI@home software after uninstalling it 8 years ago due to slow download speeds (dialup). This program uses the unused processor cycles of everyday PCs to crunch the information received from radio telescopes in the search for intelligent life.It is much the same to folding@home which several members of the BC community participate in, except folding looks for cures to diseases. They both use the same software, BOINC.

I noticed that there is no BleepingComputer team for SETI@home, so I created one. (ps, let me know if their's an issue with me using the Bleeping Computer name)

So, why not go to http://setiathome.berkeley.edu to download the BOINC software and sign up for SETI@home and folding@home with the BC team!

BC AdBot (Login to Remove)

#2 ddeerrff

ddeerrff

Retired

• Malware Response Team
  • 2,723 posts
  •  
  • Local time:05:11 PM

Posted 14 March 2007 - 03:42 PM

I ran S@H for a number of years - until they came out with that awful BOINC interface. If they had continued with the stand alone client, I would still be running it.
Derfram
~~~~~~

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users