Register a free account to unlock additional features at BleepingComputer.com
Welcome to BleepingComputer, a free community where people like yourself come together to discuss and learn how to use their computers. Using the site is easy and fun. As a guest, you can browse and view the various discussions in the forums, but can not create a new topic or reply to an existing one unless you are logged in. Other benefits of registering an account are subscribing to topics and forums, creating a blog, and having no ads shown anywhere on the site.

Click here to Register a free account now! or read our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

Photo

Xhtml Form With Input Results On New Web Page

• Please log in to reply
1 reply to this topic

#1 Stu G

Stu G

• Members
  • 85 posts
  •  
  • Local time:11:12 AM

Posted 14 March 2007 - 01:54 PM

Hello everyone

I am new to XHTML encoding, and as part of an exercise i need to create a website with all basic features dtds, (ordered lists, links) etc.. using notepad

I also need to use forms, user can choose options(ticks, radio buttons) and enter text. The example i have seen just returns input in a dialog popup. I would like to send all form input data to a basic new page, that can be viewed, ie via link "view form repsonses".

I do not need to do php or server based forms.

Is this possible, without the use or servers. I understand it can be sent to email or a simple dialog box.

Will be grateful for any help

Thanks!
Stu G
Ada95,Java,C ANSI,C++,C♯,ASP.NET,JavaFX!

BC AdBot (Login to Remove)

#2 Stu G

Stu G
  • Topic Starter

• Members
  • 85 posts
  •  
  • Local time:11:12 AM

Posted 27 March 2007 - 09:56 PM

I Found a Solution!

Internet Information Services (IIS), included with XP Pro Disc. To Use an internal asp server

Control Panel--->Add Remove Programs--->Add/Remove Windows Components--->checked IIS--->installed

went to C: after install a new folder is created: \Inetpub

then into : \wwwroot

created a folder called myweb and in that folder created a simple test asp page using text editor : test1.asp

I then set up a simple asp script to send form input to this page. so when i use a form i just use : --http://localhost/MyWeb/test1.asp in <form action" "> to point to where to post the data.

Done
Stu G
Ada95,Java,C ANSI,C++,C♯,ASP.NET,JavaFX!

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users