Register a free account to unlock additional features at BleepingComputer.com
Welcome to BleepingComputer, a free community where people like yourself come together to discuss and learn how to use their computers. Using the site is easy and fun. As a guest, you can browse and view the various discussions in the forums, but can not create a new topic or reply to an existing one unless you are logged in. Other benefits of registering an account are subscribing to topics and forums, creating a blog, and having no ads shown anywhere on the site.

Click here to Register a free account now! or read our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

Photo

How Do I Surf The Web Anoumously?

• This topic is locked This topic is locked
4 replies to this topic

#1 MKUX3

MKUX3

• Members
  • 2 posts
  •  
  • Local time:06:24 AM

Posted 14 March 2007 - 10:31 AM

HOW CAN I SURF THE WEB ANOUMESLEY, I SOMETIMES USE THE WORKS COMPUTER AND I DONT WANT THEM TO SEE I HAVE BEEN ON EBAY

HOW DO I DELETE THIS???

BC AdBot (Login to Remove)

m

#2 buddy215

buddy215

• BC Advisor
  • 12,592 posts
  •  
  • Local time:05:24 AM

Posted 14 March 2007 - 10:59 AM

Without getting into the ethics involved in your question and just offering a generic answer.
It depend on what monitoring/security programs,etc. that an employer employs and their diligence.
In other words, you can remove evidence from YOUR computer, but that is not the only place where one's activities are being monitored and recorded.

“Every atom in your body came from a star that exploded and the atoms in your left hand probably came from a different star than your right hand. It really is the most poetic thing I know about physics...you are all stardust.”Lawrence M. Krauss

A 1792 U.S. penny, designed in part by Thomas Jefferson and George Washington, reads “Liberty Parent of Science & Industry.”

#3 MKUX3

MKUX3
  • Topic Starter

• Members
  • 2 posts
  •  
  • Local time:06:24 AM

Posted 14 March 2007 - 11:01 AM

okay thanks

dont go into too much detail, but just advise how to delete the previous websites please

thanks in advance

#4 Budapest

Budapest

Bleepin' Cynic

• 23,570 posts
  •  
  • Local time:09:24 PM

Posted 14 March 2007 - 11:11 AM

To clear out the history in Internet Explorer, select the Tools menu, Internet Options. On the General tab click the "Clear History" button.

Like buddy215 said though, this doesn't mean that your employer doesn't have a record of the sites you have visited.
The power of accurate observation is commonly called cynicism by those who haven't got it.

—George Bernard Shaw

#5 Animal

Animal

Bleepin' Animinion

• Site Admin
  • 34,279 posts
  •  
  • Local time:03:24 AM

Posted 14 March 2007 - 11:44 AM

No subject matter will be allowed whose purpose is to defeat existing copyright or security measures. If a user persists and/or the activity is obviously illegal the staff reserves the right to remove such content and/or ban the user.

Attempting to circumvent your employer from monitoring your use of their equipment is an attempt to defeat their security measures. This topic is now closed.

The quote above is taken from the Bleeping Computer Rules which can be found here.

Mod edit to repair BBCode tags.

Edited by Pandy, 14 March 2007 - 12:02 PM.

The Internet is so big, so powerful and pointless that for some people it is a complete substitute for life.
Andrew Brown (1938-1994)

A learning experience is one of those things that say, "You know that thing you just did? Don't do that." Douglas Adams (1952-2001)

"Imagination is more important than knowledge. Knowledge is limited. Imagination circles the world." Albert Einstein (1879-1955)

Follow BleepingComputer on: Facebook | Twitter | Google+

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users