Register a free account to unlock additional features at BleepingComputer.com
Welcome to BleepingComputer, a free community where people like yourself come together to discuss and learn how to use their computers. Using the site is easy and fun. As a guest, you can browse and view the various discussions in the forums, but can not create a new topic or reply to an existing one unless you are logged in. Other benefits of registering an account are subscribing to topics and forums, creating a blog, and having no ads shown anywhere on the site.

Click here to Register a free account now! or read our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

Photo

P2P

• Please log in to reply
5 replies to this topic

#1 dudeman

dudeman

• Members
  • 38 posts
  •  
  • Local time:10:19 AM

Posted 26 June 2004 - 12:58 PM

What are some good P2P programs. I already use WinMX and Kazaa. I have already tried iMesh, Bearshare, Limewire, Morpheus and a few others but WinMX is my Fav... What are some others?

BC AdBot (Login to Remove)

#2 Pandy

Pandy

Bleepin'

• Members
  • 9,559 posts
  •  
  • Local time:11:19 AM

Posted 26 June 2004 - 03:29 PM

:trumpet: I use WinMx. You'd have to be crazy to use Kazaa :flowers: . I learned the hard way on that. :thumbsup: IMHO

Do not anticipate trouble, or worry about what may never happen. Keep in the sunlight.

Hide not your talents. They for use were made. What's a sundial in the shade?

~ Benjamin Franklin

I am a Bleeping Computer fan! Are you?

Facebook

Follow us on Twitter

#3 Bluie

Bluie

• Members
  • 160 posts
  •  
  • Local time:08:19 AM

Posted 26 June 2004 - 03:47 PM

you might try Click here for Ares but remember your odds of getting busted are better than winning a lottery :thumbsup:

#4 Pandy

Pandy

Bleepin'

• Members
  • 9,559 posts
  •  
  • Local time:11:19 AM

Posted 26 June 2004 - 04:01 PM

Hi Bluie~ you are right about that. I've been thinking about uninstalling my WinMx because really it's silly to keep on with it. I don't even use it that often. Egads, I'd better get it out of my compy. I have enough music anyway. :flowers: :thumbsup:

Edited by Pandy, 26 June 2004 - 04:02 PM.

Do not anticipate trouble, or worry about what may never happen. Keep in the sunlight.

Hide not your talents. They for use were made. What's a sundial in the shade?

~ Benjamin Franklin

I am a Bleeping Computer fan! Are you?

Facebook

Follow us on Twitter

#5 Ataryu

Ataryu

• Members
  • 93 posts
  •  

Posted 26 June 2004 - 04:38 PM

I use kazaa lite k++...It says it has no spyware and it also has privacy protections blocking RIAA ip addresses........But I don't download much music, just other things I need. I use to have winmx but I uninstalled it, that was a long time ago.

#6 dudeman

dudeman
  • Topic Starter

• Members
  • 38 posts
  •  

Posted 28 June 2004 - 09:58 AM

it's not really the spyware. they have people out there with accounts that try to hack your comp and get an address or a phone number or somthing. wonderful microsoft logs all of your data that you inputed i.e. credit cards, phone numbers, home address, emails etc. when you click "always remember my password" it stays in the registry. all your other info is stored in temp folders like temp internet files. the attack will come from a certian ip range... i believe it is 12.x.x.x or 120.x.x.x i am not sure. i guess i could check my logs :thumbsup: well anyway i have those ip ranges blocked at my router level. i also have a few other precautions on that comp as well. even though you turned it off you will still get hit with those ip's.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users