Register a free account to unlock additional features at BleepingComputer.com
Welcome to BleepingComputer, a free community where people like yourself come together to discuss and learn how to use their computers. Using the site is easy and fun. As a guest, you can browse and view the various discussions in the forums, but can not create a new topic or reply to an existing one unless you are logged in. Other benefits of registering an account are subscribing to topics and forums, creating a blog, and having no ads shown anywhere on the site.

Click here to Register a free account now! or read our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

Photo

Floppy Drive

• Please log in to reply
1 reply to this topic

#1 Cords

Cords

• Members
  • 2 posts
  •  
  • Local time:06:18 AM

Posted 14 March 2007 - 12:09 AM

How will I remove the write protected on my floppy drive because every time I tried to save on a floppy disk, it's write protected even though the disk was not?

BC AdBot (Login to Remove)

m

#2 HitSquad

HitSquad

You're Bleepin' or you're Weepin'

• Members
  • 1,573 posts
  •  
  • Local time:05:18 PM

Posted 14 March 2007 - 07:13 AM

Hi cords.
Check your bios settings for the floppy drive. It's normaly in the advanced settings or a submenu of same. For example, on this system the setting is located in the I\O Configuration submenu in the advanced section. Make sure the floppy drive is set to both R\W (Read\Write). Bios menus vary but will all have a floppy drive setting in there somewhere. If your good to go there and still have the problem, it's either 3rd party software causing the problem, a virus or bad drive.
Let us know.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users