Register a free account to unlock additional features at BleepingComputer.com
Welcome to BleepingComputer, a free community where people like yourself come together to discuss and learn how to use their computers. Using the site is easy and fun. As a guest, you can browse and view the various discussions in the forums, but can not create a new topic or reply to an existing one unless you are logged in. Other benefits of registering an account are subscribing to topics and forums, creating a blog, and having no ads shown anywhere on the site.

Click here to Register a free account now! or read our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

Photo

I Have A Trojan Horse

• Please log in to reply
2 replies to this topic

#1 peachechampagne

peachechampagne

• Members
  • 38 posts
  •  
  • Local time:09:18 AM

Posted 13 March 2007 - 10:32 PM

this is the name of it according to my computer: TR/Agent.37185

how do i get rid of it and any idea where something like that would have come from (and what damage could it cause)? my computer is about to get a new hard drive anyway and i'm gonna wipe it out and start from scratch.

just curious so that i can prevent it from happening again. thanks

Moderator Edit: Moved topic to more appropriate forum. ~ Animal

Edited by Animal, 14 March 2007 - 12:12 AM.

BC AdBot (Login to Remove)

m

#2 fozzie

fozzie

aut viam inveniam aut faciam

• Members
  • 3,516 posts
  •  
  • Local time:03:18 PM

Posted 14 March 2007 - 03:33 AM

If you are going to get a hard drive even better. Read the pinned threads in this forum as well as overhere. These are great tutorials and give you an indepth vision on what to do and especially NOT to do.

Perhaps we can have a look at your safety software and give you some advise for the future. Please post what you have and we will give you some sound advise.

#3 buddy215

buddy215

• BC Advisor
  • 12,619 posts
  •  
  • Local time:08:18 AM

Posted 14 March 2007 - 09:20 AM

This is a description of the malware detected on your computer:
Trojan.Obfus.Gen General Description:
Trojan.Obfus.Gen is designed to infiltrate your computer and open a conduit by which large amounts of adware and spyware can be piped to your system. Trojan.Obfus.Gen opens up a large security hole on your computer and is a very dangerous threat to the security of your personal and financial data. Trojan.Obfus.Gen is known to be associated with rogue anti-spyware applications.

If you are planning to move files from old drive to new drive, it would be best if possible to clean the old drive of malware so as not to transfer the infections.

Install Super Antispyware. Run it in safe mode. Allow it to quarantine whatever it finds.
http://www.superantispyware.com/

Run the online scan for Bit Defender in normal mode. Allow it to quarantine whatever it finds.
http://www.bitdefender.com/scan8/ie.html

Please submit a list of security programs you now have. As the description above states this trojan is known to be associated with rogue programs.

Edited by buddy215, 14 March 2007 - 09:24 AM.

“Every atom in your body came from a star that exploded and the atoms in your left hand probably came from a different star than your right hand. It really is the most poetic thing I know about physics...you are all stardust.”Lawrence M. Krauss

A 1792 U.S. penny, designed in part by Thomas Jefferson and George Washington, reads “Liberty Parent of Science & Industry.”

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users