Register a free account to unlock additional features at BleepingComputer.com
Welcome to BleepingComputer, a free community where people like yourself come together to discuss and learn how to use their computers. Using the site is easy and fun. As a guest, you can browse and view the various discussions in the forums, but can not create a new topic or reply to an existing one unless you are logged in. Other benefits of registering an account are subscribing to topics and forums, creating a blog, and having no ads shown anywhere on the site.

Click here to Register a free account now! or read our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

Photo

Downloader.trojan

• Please log in to reply
4 replies to this topic

#1 brentthing

brentthing

• Members
  • 32 posts
  •  
  • Local time:01:33 AM

Posted 13 March 2007 - 08:04 PM

I downloaded a file called htmlballer which was supposed to be for converting webpages into executables since It didnt work I deleted it and then ran A virus scan, It said I have downloaded downloader.trojan from protoexe.dat which said was connected with html baller. since norton couldnt delete it because It was from an unsupported file (which is bullbleep if you ask me, I didnt pay 60 dollars for this) I tried to find it in temporary internet files where it said it was and then I couldnt seem to find tempororary internet files. i might bring it to best buy but I want to try it first.

BC AdBot (Login to Remove)

#2 buddy215

buddy215

• 13,508 posts
  •  
  • Local time:12:33 AM

Posted 13 March 2007 - 08:36 PM

Hi brentthing, try the programs in the links below.

Install Super Antispyware. Run it in safe mode. Allow it to quarantine whatever it finds.
http://www.superantispyware.com/

Run the online scan for Bit Defender in normal mode. Allow it to quarantine whatever it finds.
http://www.bitdefender.com/scan8/ie.html

If the programs above don't solve your problem,
Post a Hijack This log in the appropriate forum by following the directions in the link below.
http://www.bleepingcomputer.com/forums/t/34773/preparation-guide-for-use-before-using-malware-removal-tools-and-requesting-help/
“Every atom in your body came from a star that exploded and the atoms in your left hand probably came from a different star than your right hand. It really is the most poetic thing I know about physics...you are all stardust.”Lawrence M. Krauss
A 1792 U.S. penny, designed in part by Thomas Jefferson and George Washington, reads “Liberty Parent of Science & Industry.”

#3 brentthing

brentthing
  • Topic Starter

• Members
  • 32 posts
  •  

Posted 14 March 2007 - 07:56 AM

thank you for giving me this info, I wont be able to know if it works until Saturday so thank you in advance

#4 buddy215

buddy215

• 13,508 posts
  •  
  • Local time:12:33 AM

Posted 14 March 2007 - 08:31 AM

The trojan is classified as a Backdoor Trojan. Very dangerous! It can harvest all personal data from your computer. Credit card info, banking passwords, Ebay info, Paypal info,etc.
It is also capable of downloading other trojans.
As a precaution I would not use the computer until cleaned of the malware. You should also change all passwords after the computer is cleaned and monitor all financial interests.
“Every atom in your body came from a star that exploded and the atoms in your left hand probably came from a different star than your right hand. It really is the most poetic thing I know about physics...you are all stardust.”Lawrence M. Krauss
A 1792 U.S. penny, designed in part by Thomas Jefferson and George Washington, reads “Liberty Parent of Science & Industry.”

#5 brentthing

brentthing
  • Topic Starter

• Members
  • 32 posts
  •  

Posted 17 March 2007 - 06:50 PM

thank you for all your help my computer has no more viruses

Edited by brentthing, 18 March 2007 - 11:27 AM.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users