Register a free account to unlock additional features at BleepingComputer.com
Welcome to BleepingComputer, a free community where people like yourself come together to discuss and learn how to use their computers. Using the site is easy and fun. As a guest, you can browse and view the various discussions in the forums, but can not create a new topic or reply to an existing one unless you are logged in. Other benefits of registering an account are subscribing to topics and forums, creating a blog, and having no ads shown anywhere on the site.

Click here to Register a free account now! or read our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

Photo

Ugh..i'm Beginning To Hate Toshiba And Sony..plz Help!

• Please log in to reply
1 reply to this topic

#1 budred8fan

budred8fan

• Members
  • 1 posts
  •  
  • Local time:02:34 AM

Posted 13 March 2007 - 03:38 PM

Ok, here is the scenario. I've had a Toshiba Satellite for about a year now. I also purchased a Sony Cybershot around this time. They have worked together beautifully until a few months ago and now my Toshiba won't recognize the Sony. At first it was saying the USB ports weren't reading anything and now the USB ports read the camera but nothing can be transferred. The camera just constantly searches for a connection. I have uninstalled and reinstalled the camera. That didn't do much but now the computer says it detects new hardware but it was installed improperly...which seems to be progress. I've updated drivers. Still nothing. Does anyone know of anything else I can try or what the problem might be? I appreciate any help as I am about to throw them both out the window. Some extra info.... at one point the Toshiba wouldn't recognize ANYTHING plugged into the USB ports but that's not the case now. Don't know what happened there but it does seem to be the camera???

BC AdBot (Login to Remove)

#2 fozzie

fozzie

aut viam inveniam aut faciam

• Members
  • 3,516 posts
  •  
  • Local time:07:34 AM

Posted 01 April 2007 - 06:30 AM

Sorry for delayed reply Posted Image to BC

Did you by any chance, do a scan with Spybot S & D recently or tempered with a so-called regcleaner?

Edited by fozzie, 01 April 2007 - 06:31 AM.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users