Register a free account to unlock additional features at BleepingComputer.com
Welcome to BleepingComputer, a free community where people like yourself come together to discuss and learn how to use their computers. Using the site is easy and fun. As a guest, you can browse and view the various discussions in the forums, but can not create a new topic or reply to an existing one unless you are logged in. Other benefits of registering an account are subscribing to topics and forums, creating a blog, and having no ads shown anywhere on the site.

Click here to Register a free account now! or read our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

Photo

2nd Computer Can't Connect To Internet

• Please log in to reply
2 replies to this topic

#1 boobou69

boobou69

• Members
  • 1 posts
  •  
  • Local time:10:08 PM

Posted 13 March 2007 - 09:32 AM

Hi guys,

My 2nd computer can't connect to internet, i have a d-link router, and yesterday was downloading with Bit Comet, when i got up in the morning, i had windows Firewall ask me if i want to Block or allow Utorent acces to the net, i clicked allow, and since then i am unable to access the net with that computer only.
I really have no idea what to do.....

Thanks....
Andre

Moderator Edit: Moved topic to more appropriate forum. ~ Animal

Edited by Animal, 13 March 2007 - 11:41 AM.

BC AdBot (Login to Remove)

#2 Snapper

Snapper

• Members
  • 550 posts
  •  
  • Local time:10:08 PM

Posted 13 March 2007 - 09:09 PM

for fun, temporarily disable firewall.
start>control panel>firewall>disable

see if you get net. if so, there is a rule in it that is improperly configured. if not, we'll check something else.
pleasem post back.
Google...Google.....browse..read

#3 projectfocus

projectfocus

• Members
  • 479 posts
  •  
  • Local time:03:08 AM

Posted 19 March 2007 - 08:35 AM

You will probably find that the firewall of the router is stopping the traffic from Utorrent. I am not sure how this effecting the normall internet maybe it is just making it access slowly to the router and timeing out due to the Torrent app flooding the network with requests. Try stoppping the thorrent program and see if the internet comes back. Turning off the firewall is always my last option as this can cause alot of unwanted access especially if you are a avid P2P user.
FocusToonSigStreched.jpg

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users