Register a free account to unlock additional features at BleepingComputer.com
Welcome to BleepingComputer, a free community where people like yourself come together to discuss and learn how to use their computers. Using the site is easy and fun. As a guest, you can browse and view the various discussions in the forums, but can not create a new topic or reply to an existing one unless you are logged in. Other benefits of registering an account are subscribing to topics and forums, creating a blog, and having no ads shown anywhere on the site.

Click here to Register a free account now! or read our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

Photo

Flash Player

• Please log in to reply
4 replies to this topic

#1 tripflex

tripflex

• Members
  • 128 posts
  •  
  • Local time:10:02 PM

Posted 12 March 2007 - 10:02 PM

Alright so i've upgraded to Windows Vista x86 and ive installed flash player and everything, even tried firefox also but youtube.com and abc.com keep telling me that flash player is not installed, even though i know it is. Does anybody know why this might be happening?
There's no place like 0.0.0.0, i'm tired of being at 127.0.0.1

BC AdBot (Login to Remove)

#2 DJBPace07

DJBPace07

• BC Advisor
  • 4,869 posts
  •  

Posted 13 March 2007 - 12:34 AM

Firefox gives users the option of downloading the plug-ins when a site needing them opens. Have you tried doing that. I'm using the x64 version of Vista and have no probs with YouTube.

3939.png

#3 Guest_uhaligani_*

Guest_uhaligani_*

• Guests
  •  

Posted 13 March 2007 - 01:03 AM

Yes. DJB is correct. You should really get a thin panel under the menu bar if you go on a page requiring Flash. The panel asks if you wish to install the Activex control. You only need to do it once and then you are home and dry for all other pages visited.

#4 usasma

usasma

Still visually handicapped (avatar is memory developed by my Dad

• BSOD Kernel Dump Expert
  • 25,091 posts
  •  

Posted 13 March 2007 - 12:50 PM

I was just cussed out by a customer the other day because I told him "It's not Vista's fault that Shockwave isn't compatible - it's Shockwave's fault". :huh:

I'd try the various "Run as XP" and "Run as Administrator options when installing it - Flash works fine on both my IE7 and FF installations on Vista. Perhaps there's another player type program that's interfering?
My browser caused a flood of traffic, sio my IP address was banned. Hope to fix it soon. Will get back to posting as soon as Im able.

- John  (my website: http://www.carrona.org/ )**If you need a more detailed explanation, please ask for it. I have the Knack. **  If I haven't replied in 48 hours, please send me a message. My eye problems have recently increased and I'm having difficult reading posts. (23 Nov 2017)FYI - I am completely blind in the right eye and ~30% blind in the left eye.<p>If the eye problems get worse suddenly, I may not be able to respond.If that's the case and help is needed, please PM a staff member for assistance.

#5 SEE

SEE

• Members
  • 7 posts
  •  

Posted 13 March 2007 - 10:56 PM

Check your Disk Cleanup in Windows. If you have run that recently, the Shockwave Flash Object will be removed if the Downloaded Program Files option is checked. Some AV programs (e.g., MS Onecare) will clean this automatically when Tune-Up is run unless the DPF option is unchecked. If you don't have WLOC (Windows Live Onecare), uncheck this option anyway, as the WLOC Tune-Up "Remove Unneccessary Files" option is simply based on the Windows Disk Cleanup. Unchecking the DPF box will keep Flash intact after a cleanup.

If you have unchecked it already, go to adobe.com, Flash Player section, search "uninstall Flash" and run the Windows Uninstall Technote. Then reboot, and re-install flash.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users