Register a free account to unlock additional features at BleepingComputer.com
Welcome to BleepingComputer, a free community where people like yourself come together to discuss and learn how to use their computers. Using the site is easy and fun. As a guest, you can browse and view the various discussions in the forums, but can not create a new topic or reply to an existing one unless you are logged in. Other benefits of registering an account are subscribing to topics and forums, creating a blog, and having no ads shown anywhere on the site.

Click here to Register a free account now! or read our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

Photo

Self - Introduction

• Please log in to reply
4 replies to this topic

#1 billy b

billy b

• Members
  • 2 posts
  •  
  • Local time:09:25 PM

Posted 12 March 2007 - 06:38 PM

Hello --

I just wanted to introduce myself. My name is Bill Baltz - but many call me "billy b." I'm a native of SoCal and have been here all my life. I'll give you a clue how long that is. I graduated from Hollywood High in 1962. I also graduated from USC (B.S. Business) and Fuller Seminary (MDiv.)

I'm really a novice at the computer and would love to be able to get some help. If I can, I will be very glad to offer help...maybe there's a different area where I have some expertise. Would love to know whay y'all think is the best virus and spam protectors.

Hello again to all!

BC AdBot (Login to Remove)

#2 ComputerWhizz7

ComputerWhizz7

• Members
  • 408 posts
  •  
  • Local time:05:25 PM

Posted 12 March 2007 - 06:53 PM

Welcome to BC! :thumbsup:
I came, I saw, I conquered. - Julius Caeser

#3 rigel

rigel

FD-BC

• BC Advisor
  • 12,944 posts
  •  
  • Local time:12:25 AM

Posted 12 March 2007 - 07:49 PM

Hi billy b - Welcome to BleepingComputer!

I use AVG antivirus (it's free) and AVG anti-spyware. Both products have served me well. Take a look here at some of the free apps we recommend.

Good luck,

rigel

"In a world where you can be anything, be yourself." ~ unknown

"Fall in love with someone who deserves your heart. Not someone who plays with it. Will Smith

#4 jgweed

jgweed

• Staff Emeritus
  • 28,473 posts
  •  
  • Local time:11:25 PM

Posted 12 March 2007 - 08:00 PM

Welcome to BC!
Which is "best" is moot, and much depends on your own preferences and what seems easiest for you. The list mentioned above mentions applications used and recommended by our Members.
The Anti-Virus,Firewall, etc. Forum contains many discussions of which AV is best.
Regards,
John
Whereof one cannot speak, thereof one should be silent.

#5 tink536

tink536

**pixie in training**

• Members
  • 1,853 posts
  •  
  • Local time:06:25 PM

Posted 12 March 2007 - 09:44 PM

Hello & welcome to the forums Bill.

Posted Image
Posted Image
I search for Sjogrens Syndrome Foundation...Who will you search for?

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users