Register a free account to unlock additional features at BleepingComputer.com
Welcome to BleepingComputer, a free community where people like yourself come together to discuss and learn how to use their computers. Using the site is easy and fun. As a guest, you can browse and view the various discussions in the forums, but can not create a new topic or reply to an existing one unless you are logged in. Other benefits of registering an account are subscribing to topics and forums, creating a blog, and having no ads shown anywhere on the site.

Click here to Register a free account now! or read our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

Photo

Color me pink!

• Please log in to reply
6 replies to this topic

#1 touse

touse

• Members
  • 173 posts
  •  
  • Local time:08:51 PM

Posted 08 January 2005 - 07:50 AM

Y'all assured me we can ask silly questions here, so I thought I'd just take the opportunity: "What is the significance of the different colors of the usernames?"

I haven't quite figured it out yet ...

Black: regular member i.e "the common folk"
Orange: HJT trainees
Purple: moderator?
Greenish blue (or blue-ish green?): graduated HJT trainees??
Blue (bold print): global moderator
Red (bold print): administrator

How do the "different colors" relate? Is any purple qualified to give HJT advice? What exactly does a moderator, a global moderator, an administrator do? Is a bold blue also a member of the HJT team ...

Maybe, you could point me towards a relevant post on this topic?

touse

Edit: This was typo-hell ...

Edited by touse, 08 January 2005 - 12:36 PM.

BC AdBot (Login to Remove)

#2 JEservices

JEservices

helping hand

• Members
  • 1,700 posts
  •  
  • Local time:07:51 PM

Posted 08 January 2005 - 09:38 AM

I appreciate the question. I do not think there is a place that really defines them.

The colors are correct as you have them. There are a few exceptions though.

There are some moderators who are also HJT trainees. There are also some moderators who are HJT members.

Maybe it would be better for the HJT personel to have an additional icon to help with the confusion? A good place would be next to their country flag.

See, even if you feel like it was not a good question to ask, it may have just spawned an idea that could have been thought of a long time ago. For that-I thank you.
We are all curious like a cat. We wonder, we ask, we learn.
Please post back when a suggestion works, so that others may learn.

#3 cowsgonemadd3

cowsgonemadd3

Feed me some spyware!

• Banned
  • 4,557 posts
  •  
  • Local time:09:51 PM

Posted 08 January 2005 - 10:10 AM

I have watched the colors too. It is like you said what ive noticed but it can varry. Sometimes Grinler will use the same color on two members area's. Like any group can be any color so its not hard to put the same color down on two member groups or even one member!

This is Just what ive noticed. :thumbsup:

#4 Scarlett

Scarlett

Bleeping Diva

• Members
  • 7,479 posts
  •  

Posted 08 January 2005 - 11:23 AM

I can see why you may be a little confused by this. As JE has said there are some HJT Team members that are "Mods" And like Koan and I, we also have two responsibilities. We are not only "Mods", we also are News Reporters. Maybe this will help.

On the discussions page. Where all of the forums are listed in thier entirety. You will notice that within the discription of each forum's sub-forums.

There is: Forum led by:

Clicking on the links that follow will bring you to a complete list of the "Mods" in that specific forum.

Edited by scarlett, 08 January 2005 - 01:44 PM.

Posted Image

#5 touse

touse
  • Topic Starter

• Members
  • 173 posts
  •  

Posted 11 January 2005 - 07:13 PM

Thanks for the explanation, guys. I agree, a tiny HJT icon would be a welcome clarification.

#6 JEservices

JEservices

helping hand

• Members
  • 1,700 posts
  •  
  • Local time:07:51 PM

Posted 11 January 2005 - 07:25 PM

I cant really remember where Grinler said that it was not possible to have it near the flag. Sorry about that.

Perhaps the location is the hardest part. Although one could have it in their signature, it may cause more confusion if people just abritarily used it~not being part of the team.

Touse, you have some great questions. With a little time, others may come up with more suggestions or workarounds.
We are all curious like a cat. We wonder, we ask, we learn.
Please post back when a suggestion works, so that others may learn.

#7 twinsdad

twinsdad

• Members
  • 411 posts
  •  

Posted 12 January 2005 - 11:58 AM

Color me "green" with envy about what you folks know. I learn a little during every visit, but likely will never catch up. :thumbsup:
"Love to eat them mousies, mousies what I like to eat; bite they little heads off, nibble on they tiny feet". B. Kliban

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users