Register a free account to unlock additional features at BleepingComputer.com
Welcome to BleepingComputer, a free community where people like yourself come together to discuss and learn how to use their computers. Using the site is easy and fun. As a guest, you can browse and view the various discussions in the forums, but can not create a new topic or reply to an existing one unless you are logged in. Other benefits of registering an account are subscribing to topics and forums, creating a blog, and having no ads shown anywhere on the site.

Click here to Register a free account now! or read our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

Photo

[question]is My Dvd Drive Able To Detect Blank Dvd-rw ?

• Please log in to reply
3 replies to this topic

#1 xybjj

xybjj

• Members
  • 16 posts
  •  
  • Local time:02:32 AM

Posted 12 March 2007 - 09:55 AM

Is my SONY DVD-ROM DDU1621 able to detect blank DVD-RW discs ?

BC AdBot (Login to Remove)

#2 stevealmighty

stevealmighty

Bleepin' WormBreath

• Members
  • 2,629 posts
  •  
  • Local time:01:32 PM

Posted 12 March 2007 - 10:10 AM

You can put a blank dvd-r in it and nothing will happen. It should be read as a disc with no information on it. Auto play may or may not even pop up asking what you'd like to do. Now, since you have a DVD-ROM, you cannot burn anything to it even though it will recognize a blank dvd. DVD-R's (or RW's) that have already had things burned (copied) to them should read fine in your DVD-ROM.

Hope this helps! :thumbsup:

Edited by stevealmighty, 12 March 2007 - 10:10 AM.

War produces veterans, wounded both physically and mentally. They have sacrificed for us.....and it is now our job to help these veterans, as they have already helped us in ways we will never know, in ways that we cannot fathom, and in ways that we take granted every day.
Posted Image

#3 xybjj

xybjj
  • Topic Starter

• Members
  • 16 posts
  •  
  • Local time:02:32 AM

Posted 12 March 2007 - 10:27 PM

Erm , i forgot to add on , when i insert the disc , wait for 15 mins or more , I opened My Computer to see whether anything is there , to my surprise , my DVD Drive icon disapeared

#4 stevealmighty

stevealmighty

Bleepin' WormBreath

• Members
  • 2,629 posts
  •  
  • Local time:01:32 PM

Posted 12 March 2007 - 11:10 PM

Go into your control panel, double click on System, then click on the hardware tab, then click on device manager. Another window should pop up. Click on the DVD/CD-Rom drives....do you see your CD drive there? If so, right click on your DVD drive and click on "Uninstall". Let it uninstall it then turn your computer off. Open up the side case and check to ensure that all the cables are plugged in tightly and seated correctly (your IDE cable and your power line to it). Put the side back on and power on your computer. Hopefully, Windows will reinstall your DVDrom and it will work fine.

Let us know if this works for you! :thumbsup:
War produces veterans, wounded both physically and mentally. They have sacrificed for us.....and it is now our job to help these veterans, as they have already helped us in ways we will never know, in ways that we cannot fathom, and in ways that we take granted every day.
Posted Image

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users