Register a free account to unlock additional features at BleepingComputer.com
Welcome to BleepingComputer, a free community where people like yourself come together to discuss and learn how to use their computers. Using the site is easy and fun. As a guest, you can browse and view the various discussions in the forums, but can not create a new topic or reply to an existing one unless you are logged in. Other benefits of registering an account are subscribing to topics and forums, creating a blog, and having no ads shown anywhere on the site.

Click here to Register a free account now! or read our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

Photo

Spydawn Removal Tool In Safe Mode

• Please log in to reply
2 replies to this topic

#1 sassyfas

sassyfas

• Members
  • 1 posts
  •  
  • Local time:02:41 AM

Posted 12 March 2007 - 09:20 AM

Hello,

This is the firat time I am posting and would nned some help. I am infected with Spydawn and can't seem to get rid of it. I found the instructions on your site however, whenever I go into safe mode the link is no longer on my desktop. The SMITFRAUDFIX is there in regular mode but not in safe mode so I can't continue with the removal. Please help.

Sassy

Mod Edit: Topic moved to a more appropriate forum.

Edited by quietman7, 12 March 2007 - 12:43 PM.

BC AdBot (Login to Remove)

#2 Budapest

Budapest

Bleepin' Cynic

• 23,579 posts
  •  
  • Local time:04:41 PM

Posted 12 March 2007 - 09:32 AM

Try saving it to somewhere other than the desktop, such as My Documents. Then when in safe mode navigate to My Documents and run it from there.
The power of accurate observation is commonly called cynicism by those who haven't got it.

—George Bernard Shaw

#3 DASOS

DASOS

Malware hunter

• Security Colleague
  • 1,662 posts
  •  
  • Local time:08:41 AM

Posted 12 March 2007 - 01:33 PM

Hi Sassy

The SMITFRAUDFIX is there in regular mode but not in safe mode so I can't continue with the removal.

Automated Removal Instructions for SpyDawn:

3. Instead of Windows loading as normal, a menu should appear

4. Select the first option, to run Windows in Safe Mode.

5. When you are at the logon prompt, log in as the same user that you had performed the previous steps as.

Stelios :thumbsup:

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users