Register a free account to unlock additional features at BleepingComputer.com
Welcome to BleepingComputer, a free community where people like yourself come together to discuss and learn how to use their computers. Using the site is easy and fun. As a guest, you can browse and view the various discussions in the forums, but can not create a new topic or reply to an existing one unless you are logged in. Other benefits of registering an account are subscribing to topics and forums, creating a blog, and having no ads shown anywhere on the site.

Click here to Register a free account now! or read our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

Computer Hazard?

• Please log in to reply
4 replies to this topic

#1 Guest_Shortyaznkid_*

Guest_Shortyaznkid_*

• Guests
  •  

Posted 11 March 2007 - 09:14 PM

When i had to go reconnect my Ethernet Cable, I looked behind my computer and everything is fine, but when i touch a bolt. I feel Static going through my finger. I touched another Bolt and its the same so maybe all of them is giving out Static electricity. Is this Hazardist thing?

BC AdBot (Login to Remove)

#2 groovicus

groovicus

• Security Colleague
  • 9,963 posts
  •  

Posted 11 March 2007 - 09:18 PM

Yes. Am I correct in assuming that you are plugged into the wall when doing this? It sounds like something is grounded to your case...not good. You might want to quit touching the case until you gigure out the problem. Did you recently have any service work done on the system?

#3 Guest_Shortyaznkid_*

Guest_Shortyaznkid_*

• Guests
  •  

Posted 12 March 2007 - 01:04 AM

Yes its plugged on the wall, and no i haven't any server for my computer. Is it inside my Computer Generally? or something else?

#4 Guest_Shortyaznkid_*

Guest_Shortyaznkid_*

• Guests
  •  

Posted 15 March 2007 - 08:13 PM

I searched everything that has to do with the computer and i found out it was the outlet. A day later i bought another outlet and everything is ok. :thumbsup:

Thanks for helping me :D

#5 groovicus

groovicus

• Security Colleague
  • 9,963 posts
  •  
  • Local time:01:43 PM

Posted 15 March 2007 - 08:25 PM

I am very happy to hear that you didn't fry your computer in the process.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users