Register a free account to unlock additional features at BleepingComputer.com
Welcome to BleepingComputer, a free community where people like yourself come together to discuss and learn how to use their computers. Using the site is easy and fun. As a guest, you can browse and view the various discussions in the forums, but can not create a new topic or reply to an existing one unless you are logged in. Other benefits of registering an account are subscribing to topics and forums, creating a blog, and having no ads shown anywhere on the site.

Click here to Register a free account now! or read our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

Photo

New Sony Vaio With Vista 'frozen' After 2 Hrs...

• Please log in to reply
1 reply to this topic

#1 pixie63

pixie63

• Members
  • 11 posts
  •  
  • Local time:07:42 AM

Posted 11 March 2007 - 05:04 PM

Hi,
I bought a Sony Vaio VGN-C2S with Vista Premium 2 days ago.
I got home, turned it on, connected my external hard drive...ok, connected my printer...fine, connected my Creative Live Webcam....the system got to 90% of the installation and then told me it was incompatible...
Too late though, nothing else worked.
I tried to reboot, still nothing. Computer is dead. Only 2 hours old... :huh:(((((
Of course I'm returning it to the store tomorrow, but my concern is this: Is Vista so temperamental, or did I just get a dodgy one??
Pls someone give me some advice. I want to exchange this notebook for a different one with XP, probably the Vaio SZ. Unfortunately the Series C only comes with Vista.
Is it normal for Vista to act like this? I mean, all I did was try to install a measley little webcam...
Thanks in advance for any advice.

BC AdBot (Login to Remove)

#2 tkcraw

tkcraw

• Members
  • 53 posts
  •  
  • Local time:01:42 AM

Posted 12 March 2007 - 02:17 PM

Basically right now there are alot of programs that are not working properly with the OS. Although the system will run an automatic system recovery if you boot from the Disk which may have gotton you back to the desktop. If that did not work you get the option for a system restore. Just for future reference so make sure you get the disk.

GL

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users