Register a free account to unlock additional features at BleepingComputer.com
Welcome to BleepingComputer, a free community where people like yourself come together to discuss and learn how to use their computers. Using the site is easy and fun. As a guest, you can browse and view the various discussions in the forums, but can not create a new topic or reply to an existing one unless you are logged in. Other benefits of registering an account are subscribing to topics and forums, creating a blog, and having no ads shown anywhere on the site.

Click here to Register a free account now! or read our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

Photo

Minnesota State Bpa Conference

• Please log in to reply
No replies to this topic

#1 RADIUM-V Interactive

RADIUM-V Interactive

• Members
  • 159 posts
  •  
  • Local time:06:39 AM

Posted 11 March 2007 - 03:14 PM

The BPA (Business Professionals of America) State Conference was held this weekend.

At the Regional Conference, I took 1st for Fundamentals of XHTML and we took 2nd for Web Design Team. At State, I placed 1st in Fundamentals of XHTML, and our website team took 1st place for Web Site Design Team.

The National Conference is being held in New York in May. Six out of Seven people from our Chapter are going. It's going to be awesome.

:thumbsup:

The most difficult part of the XHTML test was that we had to do an image map. Who uses those nowadays??
So, I had completely forgot the tags for the image map. They had a picture of puppies, and they wanted us to use an image map to make each head a circular link to a different page.

So I'm sitting there, for about 10 minutes, with no reference materials (they were allowed - I was just cocky), thinking "How am I supposed to do this?" So, I decided to do a Search for html files with the <map> tag in the file. SUCCESS!!1! I found one page with an image map, and it wasn't easy to use it as an example because it was riddled with JavaScript that I didn't want to decipher at the time. It took about 10 minutes to get it all in. The links were polygons, but I didn't care. I turned it in (2nd to last to finish - my friend was last to complete it) and hoped no one else knew what they were doing.

They didn't.

I leaned over and asked a few people at the Awards Ceremony if they got the image map, and nobody answered with a "yes." So... my chances were good that I'd at least place :flowers:

But I didn't just place, I got First freakin' place. First in my region, first in my state.

There's another interesting story about the Web Design Team - that will come in another post on this thread. Let's just let this part sink in.

BC AdBot (Login to Remove)

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users