Register a free account to unlock additional features at BleepingComputer.com
Welcome to BleepingComputer, a free community where people like yourself come together to discuss and learn how to use their computers. Using the site is easy and fun. As a guest, you can browse and view the various discussions in the forums, but can not create a new topic or reply to an existing one unless you are logged in. Other benefits of registering an account are subscribing to topics and forums, creating a blog, and having no ads shown anywhere on the site.

Click here to Register a free account now! or read our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

Photo

Non Booting Laptop, Possibly Power?

• Please log in to reply
3 replies to this topic

#1 tripflex

tripflex

• Members
  • 128 posts
  •  
  • Local time:06:48 AM

Posted 11 March 2007 - 02:18 PM

Alright so maybe someone else can add some help to this problem im having. I've got a HP pavilion ze5200 that ive had sitting around for a year or two, well basically when i last used it there weren't any problems, now whenever i plug it in the power light will flash like it is charging. I will press the power button, all the lights will turn on like it wants to boot up, but nothing. The lights will all turn off and the computer wont turn on at all. Then in order to get the charging light to come back on i have to take out the battery and put it back in plus unplug and plug it back in. I tried to boot without the battery in and taht doesnt work either. Im assuming it might be a power problem but im not sure? Maybe someone might have some insight into this...

Thanks!
There's no place like 0.0.0.0, i'm tired of being at 127.0.0.1

BC AdBot (Login to Remove)

#2 tripflex

tripflex
  • Topic Starter

• Members
  • 128 posts
  •  

Posted 11 March 2007 - 08:08 PM

also i just figured out that it does not charge the battery either. Does anybody know if there is a certain part that i can replace on the mobo or what? Thanks!

#3 gavinseabrook

gavinseabrook

• Members
  • 773 posts
  •  
  • Local time:03:48 AM

Posted 11 March 2007 - 08:30 PM

Most laptops will break at the charging port. Constant plugging and unplugging can damage/break the solders connection to the MOBO. Usually you can take it to any computer repair shop, and they will solder that connector back to the MOBO for about 20 bucks. I have seen this happen with an old toshiba that had crappy soldering holding the power connector to the MOBO. But this is the main folly of most laptops.

Gavin Seabrook

#4 tripflex

tripflex
  • Topic Starter

• Members
  • 128 posts
  •  

Posted 12 March 2007 - 01:39 PM

Yeah and see that's just it, i've got a presario 2100 which is basically the same exact laptop and i had that exact problem happen.

I resoldered it and it works fine, i played around with the HP and got it to boot up perfectly fine and run fine on the power cord, BUT now i find out that it does not charge the battery.

The icon in the task bar shows that it is just on AC power, and it shows battery at 0%, i tried another battery and same thing still happens so im guessing it's possibly a part on the mobo that charges the battery, im not sure. Any ideas?

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users