Register a free account to unlock additional features at BleepingComputer.com
Welcome to BleepingComputer, a free community where people like yourself come together to discuss and learn how to use their computers. Using the site is easy and fun. As a guest, you can browse and view the various discussions in the forums, but can not create a new topic or reply to an existing one unless you are logged in. Other benefits of registering an account are subscribing to topics and forums, creating a blog, and having no ads shown anywhere on the site.

Click here to Register a free account now! or read our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

Photo

Windows Error

• Please log in to reply
2 replies to this topic

#1 cherylisfun

cherylisfun

• Members
  • 107 posts
  •  
  • Local time:10:06 PM

Posted 11 March 2007 - 01:21 PM

I was browsing MYSPACE when my screen went black n' pushed n held in the start botton on the computer to shut it off n' then restarted it. A message appeared something along the lines of "windows has recovered from a serious problem/erroe (i am not completely sure which word was used) would you like to send a report"
I sent the report and was taken to a window that said this:

Problem caused by Authentium Security Firewall/Antivirus driver (grtdimon.sys)

This problem was caused by Authentium Security Firewall/Antivirus driver (grtdimon.sys). Authentium Security Firewall/Antivirus driver (grtdimon.sys) is distributed by many companies.

Recommendation

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Contact the organization that provided you with Authentium Security Firewall/Antivirus driver (grtdimon.sys) for support information or product updates. If you are unsure which organization to contact, examine the product details using Device Manager.

How do I use Device Manager?

Click Start, and then click Control Panel.
Click Performance and Maintenance, and then click System.
On the Hardware tab, click Device Manager.
Double-click the type of device you want to view.
Right-click the specific device you want examine, and then click Properties.
On the Driver tab, click Driver Details
Alternatively, you may choose to uninstall the program or driver.

How do I uninstall a program in Windows XP?

Click Start, click Control Panel, and then click Add or Remove Programs.
Click Change or Remove Programs, and then click the program you want to change or remove. Click the appropriate button:
To change a program, click Change/Remove or Change.
To remove a program, click Change/Remove or Remove.

Warning

When you click Change or Remove, some programs may be removed without prompting you further.

Note: Add or Remove Programs will only remove programs that were written for Windows operating systems. For other programs, check the documentation that came with the program to see if other files (such as .ini files) should be removed.

How do I disable or uninstall a device driver?

Note: This may cause hardware devices to stop functioning.

Click Start, and then click Control Panel. If you are using Classic View, click Switch to Category View.
Click Performance and Maintenance, and then click System.
Click the Hardware tab, and then click Device Manager.
Click the plus sign (+) next to the faulting device. You should now see the device listed.
Right-click the device, and then click Disable or Uninstall.
Alternate Steps

Click Start, and then click Search.
Choose All files and folders, and then type the driver name in the All or part of the file name field.
Click Search.
When the file appears in the results, right-click the file and click Rename.
Rename the file (for example, filename.old). Remember the file name so you can enable it later if you need to.

What happen? Is this serious, do I need to do something about it or leave it alone?
Thank You
-Cheryl

BC AdBot (Login to Remove)

#2 nigglesnush85

nigglesnush85

• Members
  • 4,371 posts
  •  
  • Local time:03:06 AM

Posted 11 March 2007 - 03:37 PM

Hello,

It sounds as if your security suite failed whle you were browsing, as firewall and antivirus are embedded into the system, when or if one fails it will usually crash the system.
I would run some free online AV programs, just to make sure nothing got in when the system crashed.

www.pandasoftware.com/products/ActiveScan.htm
www.trendmicro.com/hc_intro/default.asp
Regards,

Alan.

#3 fozzie

fozzie

aut viam inveniam aut faciam

• Members
  • 3,516 posts
  •  
  • Local time:04:06 AM

Posted 11 March 2007 - 08:57 PM

Which security software do you have? (Anti virus/Firewal?)

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users