Register a free account to unlock additional features at BleepingComputer.com
Welcome to BleepingComputer, a free community where people like yourself come together to discuss and learn how to use their computers. Using the site is easy and fun. As a guest, you can browse and view the various discussions in the forums, but can not create a new topic or reply to an existing one unless you are logged in. Other benefits of registering an account are subscribing to topics and forums, creating a blog, and having no ads shown anywhere on the site.

Click here to Register a free account now! or read our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

Photo

Cant Play Any Audio!

• Please log in to reply
2 replies to this topic

#1 ihateadware52792

ihateadware52792

• Members
  • 235 posts
  •  
  • Local time:09:49 AM

Posted 11 March 2007 - 12:21 PM

hi, man i havent been here in a while lol..

anyways, today i installed Anti VIR on my computer because my trial for norton security 2007 runs out in like 2 days (im getting vista anyway so i needed something to hold me over safety wise). so i installed it and ran a scan, and it kept finding like trojan's and all that, and then all of a sudden norton was detecting things too.. now this computer is a dell dimension c512 (customized) and i just got it in early december, no problems what so ever. it's media center edition. now my problem is, if i try to play music like on winows media player or center or even on my MP3 players software, i get an error message.
"Windows Media Player cannot play the file because there is a problem with your sound device. There might not be a sound device installed on your computer, it might be in use by another program, or it might not be functioning properly."

thats for windows media player, the message i get from my mp3 players software is
"unable to open the necessary device(s) for playback. It may be in use or unavailable."

my sound card is the 7.1 creative sound blaster thing and ive never had a problem with it.

so i wanted to try a system restore, but if i select a checkpoint, after it goes thru the motions, it says it cant restore because no changes have been made!

please help,

thanks in advance
~LJ

BC AdBot (Login to Remove)

#2 ihateadware52792

ihateadware52792
  • Topic Starter

• Members
  • 235 posts
  •  
  • Local time:09:49 AM

Posted 11 March 2007 - 04:57 PM

NEVER MIND I FIXED IT! you can take this topic off i fixed the problem

Edited by ihateadware52792, 11 March 2007 - 04:57 PM.

#3 fozzie

fozzie

aut viam inveniam aut faciam

• Members
  • 3,516 posts
  •  
  • Local time:02:49 PM

Posted 15 March 2007 - 04:57 AM

Can you tell us how? This as a courtesy top the other members?
Thanks

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users