Register a free account to unlock additional features at BleepingComputer.com
Welcome to BleepingComputer, a free community where people like yourself come together to discuss and learn how to use their computers. Using the site is easy and fun. As a guest, you can browse and view the various discussions in the forums, but can not create a new topic or reply to an existing one unless you are logged in. Other benefits of registering an account are subscribing to topics and forums, creating a blog, and having no ads shown anywhere on the site.

Click here to Register a free account now! or read our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

Photo

System32\gltlndrv.dll Error (may Be Linked With Spydawn)

• Please log in to reply
1 reply to this topic

#1 villageidiot716

villageidiot716

• Members
  • 1 posts
  •  
  • Local time:09:35 AM

Posted 11 March 2007 - 10:40 AM

I just recently got the SpyDawn trojan a day ago. After reseting my computer to two days ago, the SpyDawn link on my toolbar is gone and there is no sign of it. I restarted my computer, and am starting to get an error that says:

-------------------------------------------------------
RUNDLL
-------------------------------------------------------
Error loading c:\WINDOWS\system32\gltlndrv.dll

Access is denied.

This isn't affecting my computer at all, except I'm afraid it might be linked with SpyDawn or other trojan
spyware. Does anybody know what this is linked to and/or how to fix it?

Thanks in advance.

Moderator Edit: Moved topic to more appropriate forum. ~ Animal

Edited by Animal, 11 March 2007 - 01:58 PM.

BC AdBot (Login to Remove)

m

#2 quietman7

quietman7

Bleepin' Janitor

• Global Moderator
  • 50,579 posts
  •  
  • Local time:09:35 AM

Posted 11 March 2007 - 04:45 PM

From what you describe, the file is probably an orphaned startup entry. Windows is trying to load this file but cannot locate it. The file may have been removed but there is still a registry entry that is telling Windows to load it when you start up.

When Windows loads, it looks for any files associated with registry entries for programs that are set to run at startup. If the file was removed but not the entry, Windows will display an error message indicating that the file was not found. You need to remove this registry entry so Windows stops searching for the program when it loads. To resolve this download and run Autoruns, search for the related entry and then delete it.
Windows Insider MVP 2017-2018
Microsoft MVP Reconnect 2016
Microsoft MVP Consumer Security 2007-2015 kO7xOZh.gif
Member of UNITE, Unified Network of Instructors and Trusted Eliminators

If I have been helpful & you'd like to consider a donation, click 38WxTfO.gif

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users