Register a free account to unlock additional features at BleepingComputer.com
Welcome to BleepingComputer, a free community where people like yourself come together to discuss and learn how to use their computers. Using the site is easy and fun. As a guest, you can browse and view the various discussions in the forums, but can not create a new topic or reply to an existing one unless you are logged in. Other benefits of registering an account are subscribing to topics and forums, creating a blog, and having no ads shown anywhere on the site.

Click here to Register a free account now! or read our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

Photo

System Restore Help!

• Please log in to reply
2 replies to this topic

#1 j0nath4n

j0nath4n

• Members
  • 81 posts
  •  
  • Local time:08:33 AM

Posted 11 March 2007 - 05:17 AM

I did system restore,went back to a checkpoint.After that i went back to the current checkpoint.My games that i installed were not there!What do i do?

BC AdBot (Login to Remove)

#2 zbd

zbd

• Members
  • 390 posts
  •  
  • Local time:07:33 PM

Posted 11 March 2007 - 08:08 AM

Try a search button check for your game files. You should still have them.
Might just have "relocated" to another area.

#3 1Bart

1Bart

• Members
  • 263 posts
  •  
  • Local time:07:33 PM

Posted 11 March 2007 - 09:59 AM

Hello...

It has been my experience that it keeps your files(personal) but "back-dates" your system to a previous state. Therefore, "programs" that you have added after your selected restore date will have to be re-installed ect....

SO your "Word Document" letters that you typed will still be there but the program will not. When you re-install "Word", your files will then be able to be accessed.

Good Luck!

http://www.microsoft.com/technet/prodtechn...n/faqsrwxp.mspx

Edited by 1Bart, 11 March 2007 - 10:03 AM.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users