Register a free account to unlock additional features at BleepingComputer.com
Welcome to BleepingComputer, a free community where people like yourself come together to discuss and learn how to use their computers. Using the site is easy and fun. As a guest, you can browse and view the various discussions in the forums, but can not create a new topic or reply to an existing one unless you are logged in. Other benefits of registering an account are subscribing to topics and forums, creating a blog, and having no ads shown anywhere on the site.

Click here to Register a free account now! or read our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

Photo

Remove Guest Account

• Please log in to reply
3 replies to this topic

#1 j0nath4n

j0nath4n

• Members
  • 81 posts
  •  
  • Local time:05:07 PM

Posted 11 March 2007 - 03:28 AM

I recently went into safe mode,with admin account,i turned on the guest account.As soon as i log on again,i find i cant turn the guest account off!Because the option is not there!HELP!!!

BC AdBot (Login to Remove)

#2 Walkman

Walkman

• Banned
  • 1,327 posts
  •  
  • Local time:04:07 AM

Posted 11 March 2007 - 04:24 AM

Why did you turn on a guest account in Safe Mode? Was it because you couldn't get it to turn on in the normal mode? If that's the case, then you should go back into Safe Mode, and then turn it back off, and then find out why you can't turn it on in normal mode.

There could be a permissions problem somewhere, and that's why you should turn it back off and turn it on the way you know it should be activated. You could have corrupt files somewhere causing this.

#3 j0nath4n

j0nath4n
  • Topic Starter

• Members
  • 81 posts
  •  
  • Local time:05:07 PM

Posted 11 March 2007 - 04:27 AM

I created one bcos i did not know the password tothe main admin account,not i cant turn it on on normal mode.

#4 zbd

zbd

• Members
  • 390 posts
  •  
  • Local time:04:07 AM

Posted 11 March 2007 - 08:14 AM

Take a look at this.

http://www.microsoft.com/resources/documen...w.mspx?mfr=true

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users