Register a free account to unlock additional features at BleepingComputer.com
Welcome to BleepingComputer, a free community where people like yourself come together to discuss and learn how to use their computers. Using the site is easy and fun. As a guest, you can browse and view the various discussions in the forums, but can not create a new topic or reply to an existing one unless you are logged in. Other benefits of registering an account are subscribing to topics and forums, creating a blog, and having no ads shown anywhere on the site.

Click here to Register a free account now! or read our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

Photo

Infected With Sysvx.exe And Possibly Others

• This topic is locked This topic is locked
4 replies to this topic

#1 AznSnzation

AznSnzation

• Members
  • 18 posts
  •  
  • Local time:09:28 PM

Posted 10 March 2007 - 09:57 PM

Hi there! =)

Every now and then, my internet doesn't work. Then, my computer tells me that the program sysvx.exe stopped running and the internet starts back up again. Can you help me please? I cleaned out my temp files, ran Adware/Spybot, etc.

I'm not sure if there are other viruses that are in there. Here's my HijackThis log...

Logfile of HijackThis v1.99.1
Scan saved at 6:52:06 PM, on 3/10/2007
Platform: Windows XP SP2 (WinNT 5.01.2600)
MSIE: Internet Explorer v6.00 SP2 (6.00.2900.2180)

Running processes:
C:\WINDOWS\System32\smss.exe
C:\WINDOWS\system32\winlogon.exe
C:\WINDOWS\system32\services.exe
C:\WINDOWS\system32\lsass.exe
C:\WINDOWS\system32\svchost.exe
C:\WINDOWS\System32\svchost.exe
C:\WINDOWS\system32\spoolsv.exe
C:\Program Files\ewido anti-spyware 4.0\guard.exe
C:\WINDOWS\system32\pctspk.exe
C:\WINDOWS\Explorer.EXE
C:\WINDOWS\system32\devldr32.exe
C:\Program Files\Internet Explorer\iexplore.exe
C:\Program Files\HijackThis.exe

R0 - HKCU\Software\Microsoft\Internet Explorer\Main,Start Page = http://www.imdb.com/
R3 - Default URLSearchHook is missing
O4 - HKLM\..\Run: [QuickTime Task] "C:\Program Files\QuickTime\qttask.exe" -atboottime
O23 - Service: ewido anti-spyware 4.0 guard - Anti-Malware Development a.s. - C:\Program Files\ewido anti-spyware 4.0\guard.exe
O23 - Service: Google Updater Service (gusvc) - Google - C:\Program Files\Google\Common\Google Updater\GoogleUpdaterService.exe
O23 - Service: InstallDriver Table Manager (IDriverT) - Macrovision Corporation - C:\Program Files\Common Files\InstallShield\Driver\11\Intel 32\IDriverT.exe
O23 - Service: PCTEL Speaker Phone (Pctspk) - PCtel, Inc. - C:\WINDOWS\system32\pctspk.exe

Thank you for helping me in advance... =)

BC AdBot (Login to Remove)

#2 miekiemoes

miekiemoes

Malware Killer Dog

• Malware Response Team
  • 19,420 posts
  •  
  • Local time:07:28 AM

Posted 11 March 2007 - 06:34 AM

Hi,

I notice that you do not seem to be running Antivirus software and a Firewall. This is somewhat suicidal in today's digital world.
That's why I want you to install them first!!

Avira, AVG OR Avast OR Active Virus Shield (uncheck the Security Toolbar during install) are good FREE antivirus.
Never install more than one antivirusscanner or firewall on your system! Several together can give problems and decrease the reliability of it seriously!
Comodo OR Kerio are FREE firewalls.

Understanding and using firewalls

Perform a full scan with your Antivirus and let it delete everything it is finding.

then reboot and then post a new Hijackthislog, so we can start from there.

Also, before posting a new HijackThislog after performing above steps, Can you rename Hijackthis.exe to Analyse.exe
Then scan with Analyse.exe and post the log in your next reply (which will be a hijackthislog ofcourse)

Extra note, I see you have Ewido installed. This program is way outdated and is now owned by AVG and is called AVG Antispyware. That's why I recommend you uninstall Ewido.
AntispywareScanners---Antivirus Scanners---Firewalls---Online Scanners---Prevention---Help! My computer is slow---My Blog---Follow me on Twitter.
My help is ALWAYS FREE, but if you want to donate to help me continue my fight against malware -- click here!
Asking for help via Private Message or Mail will be ignored - So If you need help, post your problem in the forum.

#3 AznSnzation

AznSnzation
  • Topic Starter

• Members
  • 18 posts
  •  
  • Local time:09:28 PM

Posted 11 March 2007 - 08:01 PM

Hi miekiemoes, =)

Thanks for helping me out. Question... when you said to never install more than one antivirusscanner or firewall, did you mean never install 2 antivirusscanners (or 2 firewalls at the same time)... OR... never install an antivirusscanner with a firewall? At first, I thought you meant never install 2 of each at a time, but then I installed Avira and Comodo and my computer was freezing. So, I exited Comodo and ran Avira. Should I uninstall Comodo?

Anyways, I uninstalled Ewido and did a full scan of Avira, which deleted a lot of things. Then, I changed HijackThis to Analyse.exe and here's the log... =)

Logfile of HijackThis v1.99.1
Scan saved at 5:50:53 PM, on 3/11/2007
Platform: Windows XP SP2 (WinNT 5.01.2600)
MSIE: Internet Explorer v6.00 SP2 (6.00.2900.2180)

Running processes:
C:\WINDOWS\System32\smss.exe
C:\WINDOWS\system32\winlogon.exe
C:\WINDOWS\system32\services.exe
C:\WINDOWS\system32\lsass.exe
C:\WINDOWS\system32\svchost.exe
C:\WINDOWS\system32\spoolsv.exe
C:\WINDOWS\Explorer.EXE
C:\Program Files\AntiVir PersonalEdition Classic\avgnt.exe
C:\Program Files\AntiVir PersonalEdition Classic\sched.exe
C:\Program Files\AntiVir PersonalEdition Classic\avguard.exe
C:\Program Files\Comodo\Firewall\cmdagent.exe
C:\WINDOWS\system32\pctspk.exe
C:\WINDOWS\system32\devldr32.exe
C:\Program Files\Internet Explorer\iexplore.exe
C:\Program Files\Analyse.exe.exe

R0 - HKCU\Software\Microsoft\Internet Explorer\Main,Start Page = http://www.imdb.com/
O4 - HKLM\..\Run: [MSConfig] C:\WINDOWS\PCHealth\HelpCtr\Binaries\MSConfig.exe /auto
O23 - Service: AntiVir PersonalEdition Classic Scheduler (AntiVirScheduler) - Avira GmbH - C:\Program Files\AntiVir PersonalEdition Classic\sched.exe
O23 - Service: AntiVir PersonalEdition Classic Guard (AntiVirService) - AVIRA GmbH - C:\Program Files\AntiVir PersonalEdition Classic\avguard.exe
O23 - Service: Comodo Application Agent (CmdAgent) - COMODO - C:\Program Files\Comodo\Firewall\cmdagent.exe
O23 - Service: Google Updater Service (gusvc) - Google - C:\Program Files\Google\Common\Google Updater\GoogleUpdaterService.exe
O23 - Service: InstallDriver Table Manager (IDriverT) - Macrovision Corporation - C:\Program Files\Common Files\InstallShield\Driver\11\Intel 32\IDriverT.exe
O23 - Service: PCTEL Speaker Phone (Pctspk) - PCtel, Inc. - C:\WINDOWS\system32\pctspk.exe

Thanks!

#4 miekiemoes

miekiemoes

Malware Killer Dog

• Malware Response Team
  • 19,420 posts
  •  

Posted 12 March 2007 - 03:50 AM

Hi,

Yes, I mean, never install more than one Antivirus and never install more than one Firewall.
One Antivirus and One Firewall is ok.

Did your computer freeze because of Avira or because of Comodo?
Keep in mind, when you install a Firewall, you may not block any alert. Comodo mainly displays a message when a conection with the internet is present and tells you what process is causing this. If you know it, then you have to allow it.

I don't see anything suspicious in your log, but I do see you have a lot disabled via msconfig. Keep in mind that when you disable something via msconfig, that it won't show in logs. Anyway, don't enable it, but do next instead...

It's better to print out the next instructions or save it in notepad, because you also have to work in safe mode without networking support, so this page wouldn't be available then.
It is also important you don't miss a step and perform everything in the right order!!

* Download SDFix and save it to your Desktop.

* Double click SDFix.exe and it will extract the files to %systemdrive%
(Drive that contains the Windows Directory, typically C:\SDFix)

---------------------------

* Download Dr.Web CureIt to the desktop:
ftp://ftp.drweb.com/pub/drweb/cureit/drweb-cureit.exe
do not use the scan yet

--------------------------

* Reboot into Safe Mode`: ( without networking support !)
°To get into the Windows Safe Mode, restart your computer and, just before Windows starts to load, tap the F8 key a few times.
Choose Safe Mode from the menu that will appear and press Enter.

---------------------------
  • Doubleclick the drweb-cureit.exe, Click Start and Allow to run the express scan.
  • This will scan the files currently running in memory and when something is found, click the yes button when it asks you if you want to cure it. This is only a short scan.
  • It could be possible it displays a popup to buy it in between, to buy or 50% discount. Just close that popup again.
  • Once the short scan has finished, Click Options > Change settings
  • Choose the "Scan"-tab, remove the mark at "Heuristic analysis".
  • Back at the main window, mark the drives that you want to scan.
  • Select all drives. A red dot shows which drives have been chosen.
  • Click the green arrow at the right, and the scan will start.
  • Click 'Yes to all' if it asks if you want to cure/move the file.
  • When the scan has finished, look if you can click next icon next to the files found: Posted Image
  • If so, click it and then click the next icon right below and select Move incurable as you'll see in next image:
    Posted Image
    This will move it to the %userprofile%\DoctorWeb\quarantaine-folder if it can't be cured. (this in case if we need samples)
  • After selecting, in the Dr.Web CureIt menu on top, click file and choose save report list
  • Save the report to your desktop. The report will be called DrWeb.csv
  • Close Dr.Web Cureit.
-------------------------
  • Open the extracted SDFix folder and double click RunThis.bat to start the script.
  • Type Y to begin the cleanup process.
  • It will remove any Trojan Services and Registry Entries that it finds then prompt you to press any key to Reboot.
  • Press any Key and it will restart the PC.
  • When the PC restarts the Fixtool will run again and complete the removal process then display Finished, press any key to end the script and load your desktop icons.
  • Once the desktop icons load the SDFix report will open on screen and also save into the SDFix folder as Report.txt
    (Report.txt will also be copied to Clipboard ready for posting back on the forum).
* Download Combofix to your desktop.
Doubleclick combofix.exe
Follow the prompts.
Don't click on the window while the fix is running, because that will cause your system to hang.

When finished and after reboot (in case it asks to reboot), it should open a log, combofix.txt.

Post the following logs in your next reply:

* Log from DrWeb CureIt
* Log from SDFix
* New HijackThislog
* Log from Combofix
AntispywareScanners---Antivirus Scanners---Firewalls---Online Scanners---Prevention---Help! My computer is slow---My Blog---Follow me on Twitter.
My help is ALWAYS FREE, but if you want to donate to help me continue my fight against malware -- click here!
Asking for help via Private Message or Mail will be ignored - So If you need help, post your problem in the forum.

#5 miekiemoes

miekiemoes

Malware Killer Dog

• Malware Response Team
  • 19,420 posts
  •  

Posted 21 March 2007 - 06:34 PM

Due to the lack of feedback, this Topic is closed.
If you need this topic reopened for continuations of existing problems, please request this by sending me a PM with the address of the thread. This applies only to the original topic starter.

Everyone else please begin a New Topic.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users