Register a free account to unlock additional features at BleepingComputer.com
Welcome to BleepingComputer, a free community where people like yourself come together to discuss and learn how to use their computers. Using the site is easy and fun. As a guest, you can browse and view the various discussions in the forums, but can not create a new topic or reply to an existing one unless you are logged in. Other benefits of registering an account are subscribing to topics and forums, creating a blog, and having no ads shown anywhere on the site.

Click here to Register a free account now! or read our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

Photo

Can't Click On Links Or Drop Down Boxes

• Please log in to reply
7 replies to this topic

#1 mytreazure

mytreazure

• Members
  • 7 posts
  •  
  • Local time:09:26 PM

Posted 10 March 2007 - 05:44 PM

I'm a newbie, and need help. I can't click on links any links. Even on this site if I try to click on a link to any other site I can't. I don't even get a window that gives me the opportunity to open the link. I also can't click on drop down boxes or print from anywhere other than my word, it's driving me crazy.

BC AdBot (Login to Remove)

m

#2 buddy215

buddy215

• BC Advisor
  • 12,616 posts
  •  
  • Local time:07:26 PM

Posted 10 March 2007 - 06:04 PM

Try downloading Java from the link below. After it installs, go to Add/Remove and remove all earlier Java programs.
http://www.java.com/en/download/index.jsp
If that doesn't solve your problem, it may be your security options are set too high. That is assuming that you are using IE browser.
It could also be a security program on your computer is blocking script. Norton and ZA antivirus have been known for that. That you would have to troubleshoot by shutting down one program at a time from loading at startup or finding the setting that is blocking script.

“Every atom in your body came from a star that exploded and the atoms in your left hand probably came from a different star than your right hand. It really is the most poetic thing I know about physics...you are all stardust.”Lawrence M. Krauss

A 1792 U.S. penny, designed in part by Thomas Jefferson and George Washington, reads “Liberty Parent of Science & Industry.”

#3 mytreazure

mytreazure
  • Topic Starter

• Members
  • 7 posts
  •  

Posted 22 March 2007 - 04:35 PM

I downloaded Java, and got rid of earlier editions, also checked my security programs,lowered the settings,didn't work. Any other idea's this is driving me crazy?

#4 buddy215

buddy215

• BC Advisor
  • 12,616 posts
  •  

Posted 22 March 2007 - 06:22 PM

A few questions-- Windows XP2?--IE7?

How long have you had this problem? Did you install a program or update immediately before the problem started?
List the security programs by whether they are free or commercial apps.

What Addons do you have in IE?

Have you scanned for malware? With what programs?

“Every atom in your body came from a star that exploded and the atoms in your left hand probably came from a different star than your right hand. It really is the most poetic thing I know about physics...you are all stardust.”Lawrence M. Krauss

A 1792 U.S. penny, designed in part by Thomas Jefferson and George Washington, reads “Liberty Parent of Science & Industry.”

#5 mytreazure

mytreazure
  • Topic Starter

• Members
  • 7 posts
  •  

Posted 24 March 2007 - 11:11 AM

I made several changes around the same time, so not sure exactly what caused problem. I did a xp2 update, changed from norton anti virus to avg 7.5, added ad-aware and spybot.

#6 TMacK

TMacK

• Members
  • 4,672 posts
  •  
  • Local time:06:26 PM

Posted 24 March 2007 - 11:36 AM

I'm not sure if this would matter or not, but when you uninstalled the Norton AV, did you run the SymNRT removal tool?
Have a look at How to Remove Your Norton Products and download the removal tool from there.
Chaos reigns within.
Reflect, repent, and reboot.
Order shall return.

aaaaaaaa a~Suzie Wagner

#7 mytreazure

mytreazure
  • Topic Starter

• Members
  • 7 posts
  •  

Posted 06 April 2007 - 06:35 PM

I can't open your link. my computer won't let me. I need the uRL so I can copy to the address bar.

#8 buddy215

buddy215

• BC Advisor
  • 12,616 posts
  •  

Posted 06 April 2007 - 10:48 PM

TMacK's link
http://www.bleepingcomputer.com/forums/t/34671/how-to-remove-your-norton-products/

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users