Register a free account to unlock additional features at BleepingComputer.com
Welcome to BleepingComputer, a free community where people like yourself come together to discuss and learn how to use their computers. Using the site is easy and fun. As a guest, you can browse and view the various discussions in the forums, but can not create a new topic or reply to an existing one unless you are logged in. Other benefits of registering an account are subscribing to topics and forums, creating a blog, and having no ads shown anywhere on the site.

Click here to Register a free account now! or read our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

Photo

Espn Website

• Please log in to reply
8 replies to this topic

#1 derek17

derek17

• Members
  • 9 posts
  •  
  • Local time:10:00 PM

Posted 10 March 2007 - 04:54 PM

Does anyone know why, when I go to ESPN.com, I keep getting kicked out of the website and I also seem to be having some problems on yahoo's website. This problem just seemed to start happening the other day. I don't seem to have problems with other websites. Thanks for any help

Moderator Edit: Moved topic to more appropriate forum. ~ Animal

Edited by Animal, 11 March 2007 - 02:56 AM.

BC AdBot (Login to Remove)

#2 rigel

rigel

FD-BC

• Members
  • 12,944 posts
  •  
  • Local time:12:00 AM

Posted 10 March 2007 - 09:13 PM

Hi derek17,

Redirects and problems accessing past accessible websites could be a sign of a malware infection. I recommend following BC's malware removal guide. Run the virus and malware scans and see if that helps.

Let us know how things go...

rigel

ps... one more thing. Try cleaning out your cookies and temporary internet files. You can find this under the tool bar - Tools - Internet Options.

Edited by rigel, 10 March 2007 - 09:22 PM.

"In a world where you can be anything, be yourself." ~ unknown

"Fall in love with someone who deserves your heart. Not someone who plays with it. Will Smith

#3 zbd

zbd

• Members
  • 390 posts
  •  
  • Local time:11:00 PM

Posted 11 March 2007 - 08:26 AM

I agree with riqel about the malware/spyware possibility.

Redirection is usually an indication of virus/malware problems.

Also espn.com > goes to espn.go.com for their actual site automatically.

Run ad-aware or spybot or avg antispyware at least once a week.

#4 jgweed

jgweed

• Members
  • 28,473 posts
  •  

Posted 11 March 2007 - 08:37 AM

It would help our understanding of your problem if you were to describe exactly what is happening at ESPN, and what you mean by "having some problems" at Yahoo. Examples would narrow the problem, as would knowing what browser you are using.
Regards,
John
Whereof one cannot speak, thereof one should be silent.

#5 derek17

derek17
  • Topic Starter

• Members
  • 9 posts
  •  

Posted 11 March 2007 - 04:18 PM

Sorry, but I didn't want to be too long winded, anyway I am using IE7 and when I go to ESPN, my window closes as soon as I go there. Then I'm use Yahoo for fantasy sports and when I go there to check stuff, after being on it for a minute or so. I get the pop window that IE has encountered a proble and needs to close and then asks if I want to send an error report.

thanks everybody for their help

#6 derek17

derek17
  • Topic Starter

• Members
  • 9 posts
  •  

Posted 14 March 2007 - 11:14 PM

Rigel, thanks for the advice but I still seem to be having problems, although my computer does seem to run faster. Anyone have any other words of wisdom, otherwise I'll probalby have to take my computer in somewhere.

#7 fozzie

fozzie

aut viam inveniam aut faciam

• Members
  • 3,516 posts
  •  
  • Local time:05:00 AM

Posted 15 March 2007 - 04:10 AM

Try disabling the Yahoor bar see whether this makes any sence. Also check whether your Java is upto the latest version. ( presently is 1.6) What also could help is that after you have tried again and gets redirected or shut down you immediately go to eventviewer ( START RUN type eventvwr) and look for white crosses in red dots and post the error messages overhere..

#8 jgweed

jgweed

• Members
  • 28,473 posts
  •  

Posted 15 March 2007 - 06:37 AM

Before taking your computer to the shop and spending a lot of money, see what happens when you visit these sites using another browser, such as Firefox, or what happens when you reinstall IE 6.
Regards,
John
Whereof one cannot speak, thereof one should be silent.

#9 derek17

derek17
  • Topic Starter

• Members
  • 9 posts
  •  

Posted 26 March 2007 - 08:49 PM

Hey guys, sorry to keep bothering you but I am still having problems and I wonder if maybe it isn't IE7 that is causing the problems. Anyway I did run the event viewer and under applications I had errors

one said fault bucket 380508757; and the other said " faulting application iexplore.exe.version 7.0.6000.16414, faulting module unknown, version 0.0.0.0, fault address 0x000000"

does this help anyone - is maybe my problem IE7?

thank again

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users