Register a free account to unlock additional features at BleepingComputer.com
Welcome to BleepingComputer, a free community where people like yourself come together to discuss and learn how to use their computers. Using the site is easy and fun. As a guest, you can browse and view the various discussions in the forums, but can not create a new topic or reply to an existing one unless you are logged in. Other benefits of registering an account are subscribing to topics and forums, creating a blog, and having no ads shown anywhere on the site.

Click here to Register a free account now! or read our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

Photo

Software Distribution Service 2.0

• Please log in to reply
3 replies to this topic

#1 Karlie

Karlie

• Members
  • 19 posts
  •  
  • Local time:06:04 PM

Posted 10 March 2007 - 11:40 AM

I posted earlier today about a current situation and while awaiting some help, I went to system restore to see what has been done the last couple of months. Went back to December and each month, this "Software Distribution Service 2.0" has appeared. I cannot find out what this is about. It appeared in Dec, once in Jan, twice in February.

Anyone tell me what this is?
XP SP2, IE6
HP Pavilion 526X

If I have done something wrong that has caused the freezing of my computer, If I did a restore back to December, would I mess stuff up? Would it backlog all updates etc?
Please forgive me but I an a novice.

BC AdBot (Login to Remove)

m

#2 just me

just me

• Members
  • 126 posts
  •  

Posted 10 March 2007 - 12:05 PM

I believe that "Software Distribution Service 2.0" is Windows updates creating a restore point. You should see them on the second Tuesday of the month or shortly after.

I would avoid going back all the way to December. When did the problems start?

Edited by just me, 10 March 2007 - 12:08 PM.

#3 Karlie

Karlie
  • Topic Starter

• Members
  • 19 posts
  •  

Posted 10 March 2007 - 01:03 PM

Hi, my problems with the computer started a few weeks ago. I do not spend too much time on the computer so the time is not exact. If you read my prior post today on this forum, you will note that my computer freezes up almost every time I click on a link on a page. Or, the page will not load. It says "done" at the bottom but the page is blank. I am also having Adobe Acrobat problems. I don't have 5.0 even though it is indicated in the Add/Delete programs. I have Adobe Flash player 9 and Adobe Reader 7. I really don't know what they are for or when they appeared. I tend to keep my computer use to an occasional letter and of course, the Internet. Have all kinds of anti-everything. AVG, Spybot S&D, SpywareBlaster, AdAware plus Advanced WindowsCare and do updates and scans regularly. I don't think it is a bug, I think it is this operator...too little knowledge. Thanks for any help. Karlie

#4 hillbillygreek

hillbillygreek

• Members
  • 397 posts
  •  
  • Local time:05:04 PM

Posted 10 March 2007 - 06:23 PM

Hi Karlie. At this point I think it would be a good idea to follow Pandy's advice you were given here: http://www.bleepingcomputer.com/forums/ind...ost&p=76469 & post a HiJack This! log in the appropriate forum. Expert's will go through your log & advise you with what to do & help you get your system back in working order.

Edited by hillbillygreek, 10 March 2007 - 06:27 PM.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users