Hello MaggieKG and welcome to BleepingComputer!
I am logreeval and will be helping you clean your computer.
* Click here
to download HJTsetup.exe
- Save HJTsetup.exe to your desktop.
- Doubleclick on the HJTsetup.exe icon on your desktop.
- By default it will install to C:\Program Files\Hijack This.
- Continue to click Next in the setup dialogue boxes until you get to the Select Addition Tasks dialogue.
- Put a check by Create a desktop icon then click Next again.
- Continue to follow the rest of the prompts from there.
- At the final dialogue box click Finish and it will launch Hijack This.
- Click on the Do a system scan and save a logfile button. It will scan and the log should open in notepad.
- Click on "Edit > Select All" then click on "Edit > Copy" to copy the entire contents of the log.
- Come back here to this thread and Paste the log in your next reply.
- DO NOT have Hijack This fix anything yet. Most of what it finds will be harmless or even required.
Open HijackThis, click Config, click Misc Tools
Click "Open Uninstall Manager
Click "Save List" (generates uninstall_list.txt
Click Save, copy and paste the results in your next post.
What I need:
Edited by logreeval, 10 March 2007 - 11:43 AM.
Are you infected?, if you need help, go here!
Do you want to learn how you got infected, and how to prevent it? Try looking here!
For some free malware removal/prevention tools, and some malware prevention advice, check out my site!
Please don't PM me asking for help, post on the forums instead.
Am I helping you and haven't replied in a few days?, Go ahead and send me a polite PM.