Register a free account to unlock additional features at BleepingComputer.com
Welcome to BleepingComputer, a free community where people like yourself come together to discuss and learn how to use their computers. Using the site is easy and fun. As a guest, you can browse and view the various discussions in the forums, but can not create a new topic or reply to an existing one unless you are logged in. Other benefits of registering an account are subscribing to topics and forums, creating a blog, and having no ads shown anywhere on the site.

Click here to Register a free account now! or read our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

Photo

Windows 2000 Does Not Start

• Please log in to reply
2 replies to this topic

#1 yethPC

yethPC

• Members
  • 365 posts
  •  
  • Local time:10:27 PM

Posted 10 March 2007 - 08:08 AM

The server that im using has crashed and windows does not load.Computer does not show any missing file or even prompt you about corrupt registry file that could probably be the cause of this problem?When you push the power button, computer starts automatically in c prompt and wndos does not show.Can someone teach me how to fix this?thanks.

BC AdBot (Login to Remove)

#2 ComputerWhizz7

ComputerWhizz7

• Members
  • 408 posts
  •  
  • Local time:04:27 PM

Posted 15 March 2007 - 05:59 PM

When you turn on the server can you get into safe mode?
I came, I saw, I conquered. - Julius Caeser

#3 yethPC

yethPC
  • Topic Starter

• Members
  • 365 posts
  •  
  • Local time:10:27 PM

Posted 16 March 2007 - 12:20 PM

Thanks for the reply!
I can get into other mode but not safe mode.Windows does not boot into safe mode but if you choose "last known good configuration" it loads. But I want it start the way how it was running before, that when you ppush the power button windows 2000 automatically starts.
If I hit F7 there's a message saying windows is now bypassing the start up files.Can this start up problem be related to some important start up files?What are thse start up files then?And how can I check the content of these start up files whether they are valid or not?Any help would be greatly appreciated.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users