Register a free account to unlock additional features at BleepingComputer.com
Welcome to BleepingComputer, a free community where people like yourself come together to discuss and learn how to use their computers. Using the site is easy and fun. As a guest, you can browse and view the various discussions in the forums, but can not create a new topic or reply to an existing one unless you are logged in. Other benefits of registering an account are subscribing to topics and forums, creating a blog, and having no ads shown anywhere on the site.

Click here to Register a free account now! or read our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

Photo

Frequency Out Of Range

• Please log in to reply
4 replies to this topic

#1 Stefke

Stefke

• Members
  • 90 posts
  •  
  • Local time:06:35 AM

Posted 10 March 2007 - 04:57 AM

Well the keyboard problem was solved thanks to you,but we have another problem on another comp in our school.aparently every time we turn ont he computer the windows stars loading,and when it load a message appears on the monitor saying the frequency is out of range,89Hz/60s(or something),and we cant fix it.any solution?

BC AdBot (Login to Remove)

#2 HitSquad

HitSquad

You're Bleepin' or you're Weepin'

• Members
  • 1,573 posts
  •  
  • Local time:12:35 AM

Posted 10 March 2007 - 05:15 AM

Hi Stefke.
Your display adapters refresh rate setting appears to high for the monitor to handle.
To change the setting, right click the desktop and select "Properties".
Click the "Settings" tab then the "Advanced" button. Click the "Monitor" tab.
Lower the refresh rate via the drop-down menu.
If you can't do this because there is nothing on the screen, temporarily switch the monitor with a crt type. Once the change is made, you can hook up the other monitor.
If this is an lcd monitor, they cant handle that high of a refresh rate and that's why you're getting the message. Go to 60 Hertz.

#3 Stefke

Stefke
  • Topic Starter

• Members
  • 90 posts
  •  
  • Local time:06:35 AM

Posted 10 March 2007 - 06:34 AM

Hi Stefke.
Your display adapters refresh rate setting appears to high for the monitor to handle.
To change the setting, right click the desktop and select "Properties".
Click the "Settings" tab then the "Advanced" button. Click the "Monitor" tab.
Lower the refresh rate via the drop-down menu.
If you can't do this because there is nothing on the screen, temporarily switch the monitor with a crt type. Once the change is made, you can hook up the other monitor.
If this is an lcd monitor, they cant handle that high of a refresh rate and that's why you're getting the message. Go to 60 Hertz.

impossible for the 1st part.i cant go to my control pannel
also impossible for the second.all the monitors in my school are the same,so if this one wont handle the frequency surely none can,plus i cant drag a stronget monitor
is there any other way?

Edited by Stefke, 10 March 2007 - 06:41 AM.

#4 HitSquad

HitSquad

You're Bleepin' or you're Weepin'

• Members
  • 1,573 posts
  •  
  • Local time:12:35 AM

Posted 10 March 2007 - 07:04 AM

Safe Mode.

#5 Stefke

Stefke
  • Topic Starter