Register a free account to unlock additional features at BleepingComputer.com
Welcome to BleepingComputer, a free community where people like yourself come together to discuss and learn how to use their computers. Using the site is easy and fun. As a guest, you can browse and view the various discussions in the forums, but can not create a new topic or reply to an existing one unless you are logged in. Other benefits of registering an account are subscribing to topics and forums, creating a blog, and having no ads shown anywhere on the site.

Click here to Register a free account now! or read our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

Photo

How To Watch An .avi On My Dvd Player?

• Please log in to reply
2 replies to this topic

#1 wwejosh

wwejosh

• Members
  • 74 posts
  •  
  • Local time:07:20 PM

Posted 10 March 2007 - 03:23 AM

Hello.
What is the best way for me to get an 350mb-2gb .avi file to play on my dvd player?
I tried burning the .avi straight to dvd, but the dvd player didn't recognize the format.
I used the dvd-video option in nero but this takes 4hrs to do.
My dvd player is a LG NV-VP33.
I would like the process to take under an 1.5hr, but still get the best quality possible.
What software do I need?

Thank you, help greatly appreciated.

BC AdBot (Login to Remove)

m

#2 Walkman

Walkman

• Banned
  • 1,327 posts
  •  
  • Local time:03:20 AM

Posted 10 March 2007 - 03:34 AM

You don't need any software. Just invest $40 and hit a Wal-Mart and buy a DivX player.

Soon you'll be like me, no more converting .avi files to make 1 dvd, when now, I can get an average of 6 .avi full length movies on one 4.7G dvd. If you want to go all the way out, buy some 8.5G dvd's and you'll be able to put an average of 12 movies on one disc. Your burner MUST be double layer in order to burn to double layer dvd's (8.5G).

A spindle of dvd's cost about $45 and you get 100 of them. I have a couple of them filled already, and in each spindle, I have approximately 565 movies in each spindle. Now that's alot of room you save too, and not to mention all the discs you save.

But if you want to convert .avi to dvd format, I use WinAVI, and on average, it takes just an hour to convert, then about 15 minutes or so to burn, totaling 1 hour and 15 minutes or so from converting to burning.

#3 fozzie

fozzie

aut viam inveniam aut faciam

• Members
  • 3,516 posts
  •  
  • Local time:09:20 AM

Posted 10 March 2007 - 03:35 AM

There are various possibilities.. The easiest is to try Nero which has a user friendly interface. More importantly what kind of burner do you have and which media do you intend to play?
You have to check whether your dvd player can handle DVD-R or DVD+R Furthermore also watch the speed since to fast burning deteriorates the quality.

I advise you to get some tools to check whether the files are corrupt yes or no. Good ones are

Video Inspector and Gspot. A very good site on help with anything to do with movies and/or music is Videohelp which has some great tut's on various subjects.

Edited by fozzie, 10 March 2007 - 03:40 AM.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users