Register a free account to unlock additional features at BleepingComputer.com
Welcome to BleepingComputer, a free community where people like yourself come together to discuss and learn how to use their computers. Using the site is easy and fun. As a guest, you can browse and view the various discussions in the forums, but can not create a new topic or reply to an existing one unless you are logged in. Other benefits of registering an account are subscribing to topics and forums, creating a blog, and having no ads shown anywhere on the site.

Click here to Register a free account now! or read our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

Photo

Fix Wareout Log And Hijack This

• Please log in to reply
1 reply to this topic

#1 Phat-Zach

Phat-Zach

• Members
  • 1 posts
  •  
  • Local time:01:01 AM

Posted 09 March 2007 - 08:50 PM

Logfile of HijackThis v1.99.1
Scan saved at 5:46:31 PM, on 3/9/2007
Platform: Windows XP SP2 (WinNT 5.01.2600)
MSIE: Internet Explorer v7.00 (7.00.6000.16414)

Running processes:
C:\WINDOWS\System32\smss.exe
C:\WINDOWS\system32\winlogon.exe
C:\WINDOWS\system32\services.exe
C:\WINDOWS\system32\lsass.exe
C:\WINDOWS\system32\Ati2evxx.exe
C:\WINDOWS\system32\svchost.exe
C:\Program Files\Windows Defender\MsMpEng.exe
C:\WINDOWS\System32\svchost.exe
C:\WINDOWS\system32\Ati2evxx.exe
C:\WINDOWS\system32\spoolsv.exe
C:\Program Files\Kaspersky Lab\Kaspersky Anti-Virus 6.0\avp.exe
C:\WINDOWS\Explorer.EXE
C:\Program Files\Linksys Wireless-G PCI Wireless Network Monitor\WLService.exe
C:\Program Files\Linksys Wireless-G PCI Wireless Network Monitor\WMP54Gv4.exe
C:\WINDOWS\RTHDCPL.EXE
C:\Program Files\ITE\Smart Guardian\ITESmart.exe
C:\Program Files\Windows Defender\MSASCui.exe
C:\Program Files\Java\jre1.5.0_03\bin\jusched.exe
C:\Program Files\Winamp\winampa.exe
C:\Program Files\Kaspersky Lab\Kaspersky Anti-Virus 6.0\avp.exe
C:\WINDOWS\system32\ctfmon.exe
C:\Program Files\ATI Technologies\ATI.ACE\Core-Static\MOM.EXE
C:\Program Files\ATI Technologies\ATI.ACE\Core-Static\ccc.exe
C:\Program Files\Mozilla Firefox\firefox.exe
C:\DOCUME~1\Zach\LOCALS~1\Temp\Temporary Directory 2 for hijackthis.zip\HijackThis.exe

R1 - HKLM\Software\Microsoft\Internet Explorer\Main,Default_Page_URL = http://go.microsoft.com/fwlink/?LinkId=69157
R1 - HKLM\Software\Microsoft\Internet Explorer\Main,Default_Search_URL = http://go.microsoft.com/fwlink/?LinkId=54896
R1 - HKLM\Software\Microsoft\Internet Explorer\Main,Search Page = http://go.microsoft.com/fwlink/?LinkId=54896
R0 - HKLM\Software\Microsoft\Internet Explorer\Main,Start Page = http://go.microsoft.com/fwlink/?LinkId=69157
O4 - HKLM\..\Run: [RTHDCPL] RTHDCPL.EXE
O4 - HKLM\..\Run: [Alcmtr] ALCMTR.EXE
O4 - HKLM\..\Run: [SmartGuardian] C:\Program Files\ITE\Smart Guardian\ITESmart.exe
O4 - HKLM\..\Run: [Windows Defender] "C:\Program Files\Windows Defender\MSASCui.exe" -hide
O4 - HKLM\..\Run: [SunJavaUpdateSched] C:\Program Files\Java\jre1.5.0_03\bin\jusched.exe
O4 - HKLM\..\Run: [WinampAgent] C:\Program Files\Winamp\winampa.exe
O4 - HKLM\..\Run: [AVP] "C:\Program Files\Kaspersky Lab\Kaspersky Anti-Virus 6.0\avp.exe"
O4 - HKCU\..\Run: [ctfmon.exe] C:\WINDOWS\system32\ctfmon.exe
O4 - HKCU\..\Run: [StartCCC] C:\Program Files\ATI Technologies\ATI.ACE\Core-Static\CLIStart.exe
O9 - Extra button: Web Anti-Virus statistics - {1F460357-8A94-4D71-9CA3-AA4ACF32ED8E} - C:\Program Files\Kaspersky Lab\Kaspersky Anti-Virus 6.0\scieplugin.dll
O9 - Extra button: (no name) - {e2e2dd38-d088-4134-82b7-f2ba38496583} - %windir%\Network Diagnostic\xpnetdiag.exe (file missing)
O9 - Extra 'Tools' menuitem: @xpsp3res.dll,-20001 - {e2e2dd38-d088-4134-82b7-f2ba38496583} - %windir%\Network Diagnostic\xpnetdiag.exe (file missing)
O9 - Extra button: Messenger - {FB5F1910-F110-11d2-BB9E-00C04F795683} - C:\Program Files\Messenger\msmsgs.exe
O9 - Extra 'Tools' menuitem: Windows Messenger - {FB5F1910-F110-11d2-BB9E-00C04F795683} - C:\Program Files\Messenger\msmsgs.exe
O11 - Options group: [INTERNATIONAL] International*
O20 - Winlogon Notify: klogon - C:\WINDOWS\system32\klogon.dll
O20 - Winlogon Notify: WgaLogon - C:\WINDOWS\SYSTEM32\WgaLogon.dll
O23 - Service: Ati HotKey Poller - ATI Technologies Inc. - C:\WINDOWS\system32\Ati2evxx.exe
O23 - Service: ATI Smart - Unknown owner - C:\WINDOWS\system32\ati2sgag.exe
O23 - Service: Kaspersky Anti-Virus 6.0 (AVP) - Unknown owner - C:\Program Files\Kaspersky Lab\Kaspersky Anti-Virus 6.0\avp.exe" -r (file missing)
O23 - Service: WMP54Gv4SVC - Unknown owner - C:\Program Files\Linksys Wireless-G PCI Wireless Network Monitor\WLService.exe" "WMP54Gv4.exe (file missing)

I play World of Warcraft and I was told to use Hijack This so I can get rid of some spyware thing. I was told to get help from experts and I need to know what i should delete.

Edited by Phat-Zach, 09 March 2007 - 09:04 PM.

BC AdBot (Login to Remove)

#2 YounGun

YounGun

The malware-fighting kid

• Members
  • 244 posts
  •  
  • Local time:11:01 AM

Posted 11 March 2007 - 10:26 AM

hi :thumbsup:

Please download and run http://www.thespykiller.co.uk/files/HJTsetup.exe

It will install hijackthis in C:\Program Files\Hijackthis
After installation, go into that folder and run hijackthis, do a new scan, save the log, and then post the new log here.

I would like to see if any other startups are involved. To do this, I need to see another type of log please. Go here and download Silent Runners.vbs to a new folder on your Desktop (Clicking the the download link works if you use IE. If you use FireFox, rightclick on the link and choose "Save Link As") and run it. It generates a log too. It takes a minute or two and it will notify you with a popup when your log is ready (make sure you wait for the popups please) Please post the information back in this thread too (you may need to make a couple of posts). If your antivirus program queries the script, allow it to run. It's not malicious.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users