Register a free account to unlock additional features at BleepingComputer.com
Welcome to BleepingComputer, a free community where people like yourself come together to discuss and learn how to use their computers. Using the site is easy and fun. As a guest, you can browse and view the various discussions in the forums, but can not create a new topic or reply to an existing one unless you are logged in. Other benefits of registering an account are subscribing to topics and forums, creating a blog, and having no ads shown anywhere on the site.

Click here to Register a free account now! or read our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

Photo

My Dvd's Freeze, What Am I Doing Wrong

• Please log in to reply
11 replies to this topic

#1 TimFlame

TimFlame

• Members
  • 6 posts
  •  
  • Local time:03:03 AM

Posted 09 March 2007 - 07:24 PM

The DVD's that I burn always freeze towards the end of the movie. I have a Samsung DVD-5600 player, running XP on a celron with 2.66GHz and 512mb ram, burner is a Pioneer DVD-RW DVR-109. I use DVD Shrink and Nero and current media is TDK DVD+R 4.7gb 1-16x.
If anyone could help me by letting me know that one or more of these elements are incompatable or there is better software I should be using I would appreciate it, all suggestion are welcome.

BC AdBot (Login to Remove)

#2 fozzie

fozzie

aut viam inveniam aut faciam

• Members
  • 3,516 posts
  •  
  • Local time:07:03 PM

Posted 09 March 2007 - 07:35 PM

Is that with all your burned DVD's?
How far towards the end is it? is the quality on the original file still ok?
what files are you burning? AVI's?
At what speed do you burn those DVD's Recommended speed is 2,4x
Do they do the same when you play them on your PC?

Edited by fozzie, 09 March 2007 - 07:36 PM.

#3 Walkman

Walkman

• Banned
  • 1,327 posts
  •  
  • Local time:01:03 PM

Posted 09 March 2007 - 07:38 PM

What speed are you burning your movies?

If it's other than x4, that could be your problem. Also, do you have another burning software to use besides Nero? If so, try using it.

There is a FREE burner software called DeepBurner, and you can find it at:
http://www.deepburner.com

#4 TimFlame

TimFlame
  • Topic Starter

• Members
  • 6 posts
  •  

Posted 09 March 2007 - 08:33 PM

How can I check what spead I am burning at?

#5 joygreen

joygreen

• Members
  • 242 posts
  •  
  • Local time:02:03 PM

Posted 09 March 2007 - 08:47 PM

The speed is with the other setup options you select when you define the source nd the output. It might be in the InCD module. Nero just had a big update for ver 6 and 7, and it also offers you a way to remove the old version before doing the upgrade. Just make sure you have your registration saved in a notepad (or other) file in case you have to re-enter it. Also, I wouldn't think you have to "finalize" that DVD, but check for that option anyway. On a DVD recorder, you have to finalize all dvd's except the +RW.
Good luck,
Joy
"Restore an environmentally sustainable and economically just America"

#6 Walkman

Walkman

• Banned
  • 1,327 posts
  •  

Posted 09 March 2007 - 09:11 PM

Yeah,, but if he downloads the DeepBurner, there is no registration process to go through. If you want to do it, that's on you... but I'm telling you where you can just go and download, install and test, without any problems at all. With Nero, chances are you'd be going through a bit of work to upgrade, process, register, and so on... too much bulky, unneeded work. if you ask me.

But either way you go, before you burn any movie,, you'll see a dropdown list with settings of normally x2, x4, x8, etc..... upto the maximum speed your burner will burn.

It's not hard to find, and every burner software in the world (that I know of) have a speed burning selector.

Remember:ALWAYS burn dvd movies at x4. It doesn't matter if you have the fastest computer in the world. If you burn at a slower speed, or a faster speed, problems like the one you're having are common.

#7 TimFlame

TimFlame
  • Topic Starter

• Members
  • 6 posts
  •  

Posted 10 March 2007 - 02:28 AM

Thanks for everyones help looks like speed could be the problem. I just tested it using DVD Shrink and it started burning at x16 via Nero.
DVD Shrink did not give me an option to change the speed and I can't find how to change it in Nero. I use Nero 6 and Shrink 3.2
I'm sure it is easy to do but I can't find, can anyone help me so I can set it at x4 and test it out.

#8 Walkman

Walkman

• Banned
  • 1,327 posts
  •  

Posted 10 March 2007 - 03:40 AM

I'm not in front of my other computer, but if you use Nero, and just before you click on the burn button, there is a dropdown to allow you to change the speed. It's there. The same with DVD Shrink. You are overlooking it. Trust me,, it's there.

#9 TimFlame

TimFlame
  • Topic Starter

• Members
  • 6 posts
  •  

Posted 10 March 2007 - 07:30 AM

Walkman, I know you are right and it must be there but I can't find it next time you are in front of your PC could you have a look for me.

#10 Walkman

Walkman

• Banned
  • 1,327 posts
  •  

Posted 10 March 2007 - 08:04 AM

Follow this link:
http://www.nero.com/nero6/eng/Tutorial_Photo_Video.html

download the CHM version.

When you download it, unzip it, and open it up.

Goto the section entitled: Burn DVD-Video Files
Then goto the page Final Burn Settings

On that page, you will see a window of the settings, and you want to look for Write Speed

I, personally don't use Nero, but I do use DVD Shrink. But I don't use that either to burn. I may try it one day.

#11 TimFlame

TimFlame
  • Topic Starter

• Members
  • 6 posts
  •  

Posted 10 March 2007 - 08:29 AM

Thanks Walkman, the page is giving me "The page cannot be displayed" at the moment, will try again in morning, again thanks for your help

#12 forkart

forkart

• Members
  • 11 posts
  •  

Posted 23 March 2007 - 12:16 PM

Try use magiciso to burn dvd. It can also burn iso file to dvd.
http://www.magiciso.com/tutorials/miso-burnwin.htm

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users