Register a free account to unlock additional features at BleepingComputer.com
Welcome to BleepingComputer, a free community where people like yourself come together to discuss and learn how to use their computers. Using the site is easy and fun. As a guest, you can browse and view the various discussions in the forums, but can not create a new topic or reply to an existing one unless you are logged in. Other benefits of registering an account are subscribing to topics and forums, creating a blog, and having no ads shown anywhere on the site.

Click here to Register a free account now! or read our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

Photo

Media Player Encountered A Problem And Needs To Close

• Please log in to reply
3 replies to this topic

#1 mamacat1958

mamacat1958

• Members
  • 22 posts
  •  
  • Local time:01:07 PM

Posted 09 March 2007 - 04:08 PM

When I try to play a dvd on media player i a pop up saying "Media Player encountered a problem and needs to close. Sorry for the inconvieience" I get this pop up on a few other things also. So it probably isn't my media player but I didn't know where to post this problem.

BC AdBot (Login to Remove)

#2 Walkman

Walkman

• Banned
  • 1,327 posts
  •  

Posted 09 March 2007 - 07:49 PM

It probably is your media player. Try to see if there are any updates for it, and then download them.

I'm assuming you're talking about Windows Media Player too.

Worse comes to worst, you can always uninstall it and then reinstall it. If you decide to uninstall it, it's not directly in the Add/Remove Programs section, but it's in the section to the left of it that says Add/Remove Windows Components.

#3 mamacat1958

mamacat1958
  • Topic Starter

• Members
  • 22 posts
  •  

Posted 11 March 2007 - 08:41 AM

Thanks for your reply Walkman, and yes I was talking about Windows Media Player. The same problem also occurs in my Intel Actual Player. I did a reinstall on the Media Player and upgraded the Intel Actual Player and I get the same thing.

#4 fozzie

fozzie

aut viam inveniam aut faciam

• Members
  • 3,516 posts
  •  
  • Local time:07:07 PM

Posted 15 March 2007 - 05:11 AM

VLC Player is a good alternative and should play any formats. Which file types are you referring to?

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users