Register a free account to unlock additional features at BleepingComputer.com
Welcome to BleepingComputer, a free community where people like yourself come together to discuss and learn how to use their computers. Using the site is easy and fun. As a guest, you can browse and view the various discussions in the forums, but can not create a new topic or reply to an existing one unless you are logged in. Other benefits of registering an account are subscribing to topics and forums, creating a blog, and having no ads shown anywhere on the site.

Click here to Register a free account now! or read our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

Photo

Product Recomendation

• Please log in to reply
2 replies to this topic

#1 tacm

tacm

• Members
  • 27 posts
  •  
  • Local time:05:27 PM

Posted 09 March 2007 - 03:31 PM

I wanted to take a minute and offer a product recommendation. I have an 11 month old HP Pavilion DV8000 notebook. The LCD screen has developed a very small dead spot, or pixel issue. I contacted their customer support and could not have been happier with the treatment I received. HP is going to send a shipping container out so I can send my computer to the service department for a display replacement free of charge. The support team was helpful, knowledgeable, friendly, and quick(I was on the phone for less than 30 minutes). They were even understanding and helpful to fact I am running Linux(the service tech knew how to navigate my operating system for troubleshooting purposes. They were also very understanding that I have no proof of purchase(My finance bought this computer for me shortly before passing away from Leukemia and it was on her credit card). It is so rare to get good customer service these days I thought I would share. I have never cared too much for HP as a whole, but they have made a believer out of me.
The day that Microsoft makes a product that doesn't suck, Is the day they start making vacuum cleaners.

BC AdBot (Login to Remove)

#2 fozzie

fozzie

aut viam inveniam aut faciam

• Members
  • 3,516 posts
  •  
  • Local time:11:27 PM

Posted 21 March 2007 - 07:43 AM

Thanks for sharing this

#3 stevealmighty

stevealmighty

Bleepin' WormBreath

• Members
  • 2,629 posts
  •  
  • Local time:05:27 PM

Posted 21 March 2007 - 12:44 PM

Yes, indeed, thanks! :thumbsup: All to often, people in general complain about bad service without hessitation, while they seem to neglect the times that they'e received good/great/outstanding customer service/support.

Your post might help sway some people who were leaning towards HP, but were worried about customer service!

Thanks for taking the time to let us know about your experience! :flowers:
War produces veterans, wounded both physically and mentally. They have sacrificed for us.....and it is now our job to help these veterans, as they have already helped us in ways we will never know, in ways that we cannot fathom, and in ways that we take granted every day.
Posted Image

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users