Running Disk Cleanup in Windows XP
The purpose of this guide is to teach you how to run the Disk Cleanup tool in Windows XP
- Windows XP Disk Cleanup
- Click on the Start button.
- Click on Run...
- In the Open: input box, type in cleanmgr
- Click the OK button.
- Disk Cleanup will scan your disk to calculate how much disk space you can free up. Please give it a few moments to complete. After Disk Cleanup has completed, the results of the scan will be displayed.
- Select the items that you want Disk Cleanup to delete under Files to Delete:
Note: Highlight an item to show the item description.
- After you have selected the items that you want deleted, click OK.
- Click Yes to confirm that you want to perform these actions.
Disk Cleanup will perform all actions to clean unneccessary files from your computer.
Please also see the VIDEO for running Disk Cleanup.