Register a free account to unlock additional features at BleepingComputer.com
Welcome to BleepingComputer, a free community where people like yourself come together to discuss and learn how to use their computers. Using the site is easy and fun. As a guest, you can browse and view the various discussions in the forums, but can not create a new topic or reply to an existing one unless you are logged in. Other benefits of registering an account are subscribing to topics and forums, creating a blog, and having no ads shown anywhere on the site.

Click here to Register a free account now! or read our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

Photo

Logitech Webcam Problem

• Please log in to reply
1 reply to this topic

#1 GCMM

GCMM

• Members
  • 14 posts
  •  
  • Local time:05:35 PM

Posted 08 March 2007 - 05:04 PM

Hi all

I have a Logitech Quickcam Connect IM webcam that has an integrated microphone. I am using a toshiba notebook laptop with Windows XP Media Center Edition 2005.

Lately I have been experiencing problems.
The integrated microphone doesn't work properly. When I try to have a voice conversation on Yahoo messenger my friend on the other end informed me that it echos.

Also I tried pc to pc calling but I heard a distorted sound whilst being connected. My notebook crashed and a blue error screen appeared and caused it to reboot.

Also I tried to get rid of the echo but it didn't work. Instead, it made my voice sound squeaky and I sounded like I was talking too quickly. The same sound you hear if you are fast forwarding sound.

The webcam works but is very slow. Also it is supposed to have a feature that allows the device to be safely removed from the system and usually an icon appears on the taskbar.

When I reinstalled it again, it didn't appear on the taskbar and also the microphone feature wasn't working. On the Quickcam software, it couldn't detect the webcam.

I was wondering if this is not compatible and is there another that would work with this notebook and system.

The microphone on the headset provided with the webcam works without any problem and there isn't problem with the sound on the system.

I would be very grateful if you could let me know please as soon as possible.

My software is Quickcam version 10.0

Edited by GCMM, 08 March 2007 - 05:05 PM.

BC AdBot (Login to Remove)

#2 Walkman

Walkman

• Banned
  • 1,327 posts
  •  
  • Local time:12:35 PM

Posted 08 March 2007 - 05:24 PM

no#1. What is your computer processing speed?
no#2. What is your internet connection speed?
no#3. Are you using speakers to hear the other party, or are you using a headset?

If the camera has a feature to turn off the mic, do that and just use the headset/mic.

Also, it's possible that you have something loaded on your computer that's slowing it down.

no#4. Are you running other programs in the background while using it? If so, turn them off.
no#5. Is your internet connection wireless?

You might want to consider uninstalling it, then reinstalling it again.

But post back, because the 1st 3 questions are important.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users