Register a free account to unlock additional features at BleepingComputer.com
Welcome to BleepingComputer, a free community where people like yourself come together to discuss and learn how to use their computers. Using the site is easy and fun. As a guest, you can browse and view the various discussions in the forums, but can not create a new topic or reply to an existing one unless you are logged in. Other benefits of registering an account are subscribing to topics and forums, creating a blog, and having no ads shown anywhere on the site.

Click here to Register a free account now! or read our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

Photo

Quick Time Problem

• Please log in to reply
1 reply to this topic

#1 elizium

elizium

• Members
  • 2 posts
  •  
  • Local time:02:54 AM

Posted 08 March 2007 - 03:29 PM

Help me please this problem is really annoying me. I am running ME and I use Mozilla Firefox (latest version). My problem is that whenever there is any Quicktime infomation (e.g. Youtube) on a webpage all I get is the large Q symbol instead of the movie or advert or whatever. I have tried installing the latest Quicktime but no joy. If I use Internet Explorer to browse I have no problems at all. Please help. Before you say it - I prefer to use Firefox as my browser. Thanks
The pain of war cannot exceed the woe of aftermath

BC AdBot (Login to Remove)

m

#2 Walkman

Walkman

• Banned
  • 1,327 posts
  •  
  • Local time:08:54 PM

Posted 08 March 2007 - 03:51 PM

Firefox is a good choice as your main browser (One Man's Opinion)

What you should do is uninstall QuickTime from the Add/Remove Programs.

After doing that, open Firefox, then goto
http://www.free-codecs.com and to the left side, look for and download QuickTime Alternative.. then install it.

After doing that, open Firefox, then goto

http://www.apple.com then click on the QuickTime link. After you get to the page, all QuickTime content on that page should load. That will mean that QuickTime is installed. If it isn't installed, and you get to that page, you will get a message that you don't have QuickTime installed.

If for any reason you go to another site, and it says that you don't have QuickTime installed, just post a link to the video, because I don't have QuickTime either, but I don't get any errors about me not having it when I view videos online, including uTube.

Tip: Just because a site says that you need something doesn't mean that you actually do. I've had messages that told me such, but when I switched browsers I didn't get the messages.

If you don't have this Firefox add on called IE Tab... get it. It will allow you to switch from the Firefox engine to the IE engine, eliminating the need to actually open up IE.

Edited by Walkman, 08 March 2007 - 05:33 PM.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users