Register a free account to unlock additional features at BleepingComputer.com
Welcome to BleepingComputer, a free community where people like yourself come together to discuss and learn how to use their computers. Using the site is easy and fun. As a guest, you can browse and view the various discussions in the forums, but can not create a new topic or reply to an existing one unless you are logged in. Other benefits of registering an account are subscribing to topics and forums, creating a blog, and having no ads shown anywhere on the site.

Click here to Register a free account now! or read our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

Photo

My Start Menu Keeps Disappearing

• Please log in to reply
1 reply to this topic

#1 substatic

substatic

• Members
  • 1 posts
  •  
  • Local time:07:37 PM

Posted 08 March 2007 - 03:04 PM

I'm using XPsp2, and recently I've been experiencing a problem with my start menu.

Whenever I click on the Start menu button, the menu displays as normal, but is I hold the mouse still for a second, the menu will disappear as if cancelled.

If, however, I move the mouse over or select a menu item, it seems to stay for a little while longer. Thus if I need to look over the list of applications for something specific, I have to keep the cursor moving to keep the menu displayed. Basically, this renders the Start Menu almost unusable.

I've been playing with the start menu options, and it seems that this only affects me in the XP-style menu. The Classic menu is unaffected, but I'd prefer not to have to go that way (I like the idea of having stuff that I use regularly pinned to the menu).

I've actually got a couple of things to try; Google suggests that running the desktop as a separate process or using TweakUI to adjust the menu speed could fix the problem.

I'm going off to try those now, but any other ideas would be appreciated.

BC AdBot (Login to Remove)

#2 gavinseabrook

gavinseabrook

• Members
  • 773 posts
  •  
  • Local time:12:37 PM

Posted 08 March 2007 - 06:19 PM

Do you have all your windows updates?

Gavin Seabrook

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users