Register a free account to unlock additional features at BleepingComputer.com
Welcome to BleepingComputer, a free community where people like yourself come together to discuss and learn how to use their computers. Using the site is easy and fun. As a guest, you can browse and view the various discussions in the forums, but can not create a new topic or reply to an existing one unless you are logged in. Other benefits of registering an account are subscribing to topics and forums, creating a blog, and having no ads shown anywhere on the site.

Click here to Register a free account now! or read our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

Photo

Printing Issues

• Please log in to reply
5 replies to this topic

#1 Neckbones

Neckbones

• Members
  • 13 posts
  •  
  • Local time:01:27 PM

Posted 08 March 2007 - 10:12 AM

Hopefully, I can describe my problem accurately. We use Windows XP on a network. We have more than 1 printer on our network. The default printer is set to a Ricoh because it it the fastest printer we have. However, our documents have color photos imbedded in them and we just want to print these pages to the color printer. In the document, you select file, print, and then change to the color printer and when you do this, the document changes. What I mean is, it shifts some of the words from one page onto another and it just offsets the entire document. I have a feeling this has to do with the printer drivers from these two different printers. Is there any way to stop this "shifting" from happening? Our documents are usually over 100 pages and it gets to be a pain in the butt to have to go through the entire document to get it to look like it did when the Ricoh printer was selected.

BC AdBot (Login to Remove)

#2 HitSquad

HitSquad

You're Bleepin' or you're Weepin'

• Members
  • 1,573 posts
  •  
  • Local time:12:27 PM

Posted 08 March 2007 - 11:10 AM

Hi Neckbones.
Sounds like a page margin setting. Have you checked those?

#3 Neckbones

Neckbones
  • Topic Starter

• Members
  • 13 posts
  •  

Posted 08 March 2007 - 01:33 PM

Yep. 1" margins all the way around. Could it be a font based thing or a change of the spacing between the lines when you switch to another printer? Thanks for your replies.

#4 HitSquad

HitSquad

You're Bleepin' or you're Weepin'

• Members
  • 1,573 posts
  •  
  • Local time:12:27 PM

Posted 08 March 2007 - 03:16 PM

I don't see why either one of those couldn't be a possibility.
What model is the Ricoh and what make and model is the color printer exhibiting the behavior?
Reason I ask is most printers (even basic ones) have a custom size option in the printers software to reduce a document size by percentage. More advanced printers have line spacing adjustments.
Also, is 1 program or all programs doing the same thing when printing from it/them?

Edited by HitSquad, 08 March 2007 - 03:25 PM.

#5 Neckbones

Neckbones
  • Topic Starter

• Members
  • 13 posts
  •  

Posted 08 March 2007 - 03:35 PM

Ricoh Aficio 220 PCL - Default printer

HP Business Inkjet 2300 PCL 6 - Color printer

Only the word processors have this disfunction.
Microsoft Word
Wordperfect
These are the programs we use.

#6 T

T

• Members
  • 305 posts
  •  

Posted 10 March 2007 - 02:32 PM

Try going to start > printers and faxes then right click on the affected printer(s) and go to printing preferences. I'd check around in here for settings that could be doing this, like line spacing and percentage of page. For the hp, I'm pretty sure there is a % page under effects.

Posted Image

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users