Register a free account to unlock additional features at BleepingComputer.com
Welcome to BleepingComputer, a free community where people like yourself come together to discuss and learn how to use their computers. Using the site is easy and fun. As a guest, you can browse and view the various discussions in the forums, but can not create a new topic or reply to an existing one unless you are logged in. Other benefits of registering an account are subscribing to topics and forums, creating a blog, and having no ads shown anywhere on the site.

Click here to Register a free account now! or read our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

Photo

Hijack This Tutorial For Year 2004 And Beyond

• Please log in to reply
2 replies to this topic

#1 skycom

skycom

• Members
  • 14 posts
  •  
  • Local time:12:00 PM

Posted 30 March 2004 - 11:12 AM

I DON'T KNOW WHO YOU ARE HERE , but i want to be one of the first to pass along my appreciation for compiling a very PROFESSIONAL AND SIMPLE , tutorial on the registry utility Hijack This. Most users are left in the dark even after having their computer freed up of unwanted attachments by Hijack This, due in part i suppose because it takes some studying of the workings of this utility, but also because try as they may, even the experts don't have the time to go over every detail in an explaination of how this tool works or the entries listed. NOW YOU HAVE SOLVED A PROFOUND ELEMENT MISSING for a long time. I have googled my head off, trying to come up with a decent layout of what the entries were that Hijack This makes for review from its logfile it generates. The ones the author gives us falls far short of helping us to get a handle on the utility and what it shows, and if you're lucky enough to run across others, they seem either limited in explaination or the graphic overview just doesn't line up with what you would expect. This is now all been solved and put into a single comprehensive page of easy-to-follow details along with complete graphic representation. My appreciation for the effort that must have gone into this. Heck, i would have even bought a handbook had one been available. :thumbsup:

BC AdBot (Login to Remove)

#2 Grinler

Grinler

Lawrence Abrams

• Admin
  • 43,639 posts
  •  
  • Local time:01:00 PM

Posted 30 March 2004 - 12:15 PM

I think you made me blush , hehe. Thanks for the praise. That was the exact reason why I wrote that tutorial. Every one that I have found just fell completely short when it came to explaining how to use it and understand what you were actually doing.

Please feel free to forward it on or post it wherever you think people would get use of it.

Thanks again and more to come.

#3 skycom

skycom
  • Topic Starter

• Members
  • 14 posts
  •  
  • Local time:12:00 PM

Posted 31 March 2004 - 10:22 PM

YOU SHOULD BLUSH AND TAKE A NICE PAT ON THE BACK , do you have any idea how limited even Google is when it comes to this Tutorial thing on Hijack This? I understand those who take pride in resolving issues of users utilizing this utility but thats mostly where it ends for us. Thanks again, and i will pass the word to a nice girlfriend of mine who has a Yellow Pages of an address book. I'll ask her to invite all to come to your site. Hope your hits surge upward.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users