Register a free account to unlock additional features at BleepingComputer.com
Welcome to BleepingComputer, a free community where people like yourself come together to discuss and learn how to use their computers. Using the site is easy and fun. As a guest, you can browse and view the various discussions in the forums, but can not create a new topic or reply to an existing one unless you are logged in. Other benefits of registering an account are subscribing to topics and forums, creating a blog, and having no ads shown anywhere on the site.

Click here to Register a free account now! or read our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

Photo

Need More Exposure To B.C.'s Folding@home Team

• Please log in to reply
5 replies to this topic

#1 TMacK

TMacK

• Members
  • 4,672 posts
  •  
  • Local time:08:46 PM

Posted 08 March 2007 - 12:50 AM

The Bleeping Computer Folding@home Team has been doing remarkably well lately,due to the efforts and dedication of our original and new members.

As a Team we feel that by increasing awareness to F@h we can involve more of BC's 100,000+ members in this worthy project. These diseases affect us all in one way or another.

The two video links, http://www.hel-razor.com/FoldingForOurFuture.html
and http://www.teamshort-media.com/videos/foldflash2.html
Would make anyone take a second look at lending a helping hand.

Do you think we could have a link to the pinned topic on the Home Page? Or something in the "New User" Information?

One thing that would be really great is a Tutorial about Folding@home.

Also thinking about having a Logo/Avatar in our sig to indicate that we are members of the F@h Team. Most Forums practice this.

What do you think?
Like the title says,we're open to ideas and suggestions,there has got to be way to get other BC members onto the F@h Team.
Chaos reigns within.
Reflect, repent, and reboot.
Order shall return.

aaaaaaaa a~Suzie Wagner

BC AdBot (Login to Remove)

#2 fozzie

fozzie

aut viam inveniam aut faciam

• Members
  • 3,516 posts
  •  
  • Local time:04:46 AM

Posted 08 March 2007 - 03:25 AM

In another forum I hang around they have a little "thingy "under their avatar as a sign they are member of the F@ H team. Secondly there are members actively approaching new members to join the Folding team. As I mentioned in my last post in the F@H thread why not make new members aware of this great cause mentioning it in the welcome at BC post as a start

#3 nn23

nn23

• Members
  • 461 posts
  •  
  • Local time:11:46 PM

Posted 08 March 2007 - 03:48 AM

ha ha ha :thumbsup: i dont even really know what it is or stands for? is there a thing about it pinned at the top of the general chat forum? if that is a thing about it, it doesnt look like it...whatever "it" is? sounds like some sort of virus helper so i shall definately follow links and check it out now. Incidently, for some reason...its titles conjured up a kind of advert for ho,me build your own computer desk kit...i must add that thiss might be because i am...a bit rare? or maybe there are many novices who are as clueless on this matter as me. I shall sort this out right away and follow links :flowers:

PS. with ref to "build your own computer desk line"....folding at home...i mean what other sort of sence could you make out of a random sentence like that? he he or is it cyber slang?...i duno.

Edited by nn23, 08 March 2007 - 03:50 AM.

#4 tink536

tink536

**pixie in training**

• Members
  • 1,853 posts
  •  
  • Local time:05:46 PM

Posted 08 March 2007 - 04:14 AM

ha ha ha :thumbsup: i dont even really know what it is or stands for? is there a thing about it pinned at the top of the general chat forum? if that is a thing about it, it doesnt look like it...whatever "it" is? sounds like some sort of virus helper so i shall definately follow links and check it out now. Incidently, for some reason...its titles conjured up a kind of advert for ho,me build your own computer desk kit...i must add that thiss might be because i am...a bit rare? or maybe there are many novices who are as clueless on this matter as me. I shall sort this out right away and follow links :flowers:

PS. with ref to "build your own computer desk line"....folding at home...i mean what other sort of sence could you make out of a random sentence like that? he he or is it cyber slang?...i duno.

Hey nn23,
Check out the video link in TMacK's post.
Folding@Home home page: http://folding.stanford.edu/
Folding@Home topic here @ BC: http://www.bleepingcomputer.com/forums/t/1364/foldinghome-distributed-computing-at-its-best/

I'm for a logo/avatar. :trumpet:

Posted Image
Posted Image
I search for Sjogrens Syndrome Foundation...Who will you search for?

#5 nn23

nn23

• Members
  • 461 posts
  •  
  • Local time:11:46 PM

Posted 08 March 2007 - 04:48 AM

WOW!!!comp[letely different from what i thought it was ha ha, maybe a sig av is a good idea ha ha...reminds me of the power rangers when they all join up forces to become one mega power ranger guy ha ha, i think perhaps i should get some sleep :thumbsup: ...DEFINATELY gona sign up and spread the word about that one though!!!! :inlove: :flowers: :trumpet:

#6 tink536

tink536

**pixie in training**

• Members
  • 1,853 posts
  •  
  • Local time:05:46 PM

Posted 08 March 2007 - 04:58 AM

WOW!!!comp[letely different from what i thought it was ha ha, maybe a sig av is a good idea ha ha...reminds me of the power rangers when they all join up forces to become one mega power ranger guy ha ha, i think perhaps i should get some sleep :thumbsup: ...DEFINATELY gona sign up and spread the word about that one though!!!! :inlove: :) :flowers:

:trumpet:
Power rangers??!! Great analogy though. :cool:
I originally thought it had to do with laundry or something until I saw the vids. :P

Posted Image
Posted Image
I search for Sjogrens Syndrome Foundation...Who will you search for?

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users