Register a free account to unlock additional features at BleepingComputer.com
Welcome to BleepingComputer, a free community where people like yourself come together to discuss and learn how to use their computers. Using the site is easy and fun. As a guest, you can browse and view the various discussions in the forums, but can not create a new topic or reply to an existing one unless you are logged in. Other benefits of registering an account are subscribing to topics and forums, creating a blog, and having no ads shown anywhere on the site.

Click here to Register a free account now! or read our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

Photo

Need New Game

• Please log in to reply
32 replies to this topic

#1 im_no_good_with_computers

im_no_good_with_computers

• Members
  • 213 posts
  •  
  • Local time:07:39 PM

Posted 07 March 2007 - 10:50 PM

im bored with cod 2 and bf2
does anyone have any suggestions for a new game for me to buy?
i like fps and strategy (no rpg lol)
for pc

BC AdBot (Login to Remove)

#2 Walkman

Walkman

• Banned
  • 1,327 posts
  •  
  • Local time:06:39 PM

Posted 07 March 2007 - 11:15 PM

In the FREE section here, there are a boat load of top notch FREE games that you can download and have fun for quite a long time. And I'm talking about some nice games too.

In that section, there is a game called Ground Control..... very intense, if you like strategy. Some gave me the original disc about 3-4 years ago, and it's good, although I never finished.

But, just before you go spend any money, go check out the FREE games you can download section. Sorry I don't know it off hand.

just do a search for free games or similar.

#3 Rabbuk

Rabbuk

• Members
  • 202 posts
  •  

Posted 08 March 2007 - 12:43 AM

warcraft 3 the frozen throne is like crack as far as addictiveness ive been playing for 5 years at it the online play doesnt get old.
Rabbuk

[size=7]GO BEARS!

#4 Commander Gman

Commander Gman

• Members
  • 1,214 posts
  •  
  • Local time:07:39 AM

Posted 08 March 2007 - 03:17 AM

probably...Crysis but its way too powerful..
Eve Online?
or Command&Conquer 3 Tiberium War?
or Oblivion,(for high powered pcs)

Edited by Commander Gman, 08 March 2007 - 03:17 AM.

Motherboard: MSI P35 Neo-F (Socket 775 LGA) Processor: Intel Core 2 Quad Q6600 @ 2.40 Ghz Kentsfield Chipset: Intel P35 Graphics Card: Nvidia Geforce GT 440 Memory: 2x 2GB DDR2 800 RAM Storage: 1x IDE 80GB, 1x SATA II 500 GB, 1x External 500GB HD Power Supply: 600W Power supply Monitor: Dual screen set-up Casing: Mini-ATX Fan(s): 1x 80mm silent fan OS: Windows XP SP3

#5 jgweed

jgweed

• Staff Emeritus
  • 28,473 posts
  •  

Posted 08 March 2007 - 09:41 AM

Strategy:

Sim City
Empire Earth (NOT II) with expansion pack. I always return to it when I am bored with other games.
1503: The New World (primarily economic/city building, but some warfare)
Pharoah (as above)

Rome: Total War (political, economic stragegy as well as real time battles) or its expansion pack. Visually, the RT battles are stunning, and have been used for episodes on the History Channel.

If you like recreating historical battles, in addition to Rome: TW, there is Sid Meier's Civil War or Waterloo.

Regards,
John
Whereof one cannot speak, thereof one should be silent.

#6 Mr Alpha

Mr Alpha

• Members
  • 1,875 posts
  •  
  • Local time:02:39 AM

Posted 08 March 2007 - 12:45 PM

Supreme Commander. 'nuff said.
"Anyone who cannot form a community with others, or who does not need to because he is self-sufficient [...] is either a beast or a god." Aristotle
Intel Core 2 Quad | XFX 780i SLI | 8GB Corsair | Gigabyte GeForce 8800GTX | Auzentech X-Fi Prelude| Logitech G15 | Logitech MX Revolution | LG Flatron L2000C | Logitech Z-5500 Digital

#7 im_no_good_with_computers

• Topic Starter

• Members
  • 213 posts
  •  

Posted 08 March 2007 - 01:47 PM

well i was thinking about empire earth
whats wrong with empire earth II?

#8 jgweed

jgweed

• Staff Emeritus
  • 28,473 posts
  •  

Posted 08 March 2007 - 01:59 PM

To my taste, while the graphics admittedly are "better" in II, the gameplay was nerfed to the point of its being boring after a few sessions, and the maps much too confining. The original allows the player, moreover, more options.
Regards,
John

#9 im_no_good_with_computers

• Topic Starter

• Members
  • 213 posts
  •  

Posted 08 March 2007 - 02:08 PM

o thanks!
whats the expansion pack for the 1st one called?
do they have online multiplayer?

o good target has the gold edition that includes the game and the expansion

but i was also looking at Rise Of Nations
what is your opinion on that game?

Edited by im_no_good_with_computers, 08 March 2007 - 02:12 PM.

#10 jgweed

jgweed

• Staff Emeritus
  • 28,473 posts
  •  

Posted 08 March 2007 - 02:24 PM

You can probably buy both EE and the expansion (The Art of Conquest) as a boxed set (EE GOLD) in most good retail outlets, and for considerably less than the original prices ($20.00 for both).
EE supports LAN , direct online linking by IP address, and (I THINK, although I have never done so), play through Sierra On-line.

Cheers,
John

#11 Commander Gman

Commander Gman

• Members
  • 1,214 posts
  •  
  • Local time:07:39 AM

Posted 09 March 2007 - 12:28 AM

Theres also an expansion for Rise Of Nations its:Thrones and Patriots
Neverwinternights2 is a little good

Motherboard: MSI P35 Neo-F (Socket 775 LGA) Processor: Intel Core 2 Quad Q6600 @ 2.40 Ghz Kentsfield Chipset: Intel P35 Graphics Card: Nvidia Geforce GT 440 Memory: 2x 2GB DDR2 800 RAM Storage: 1x IDE 80GB, 1x SATA II 500 GB, 1x External 500GB HD Power Supply: 600W Power supply Monitor: Dual screen set-up Casing: Mini-ATX Fan(s): 1x 80mm silent fan OS: Windows XP SP3

#12 locally pwned

locally pwned

• Members
  • 489 posts
  •  
  • Local time:03:39 PM

Posted 09 March 2007 - 06:53 AM

Supreme Commander. 'nuff said.

Oh yeah! :thumbsup:

Alpha, you been playing much? I haven't had a chance for much multi-player yet...I haven't played a game on GPGNet. I did play a game with a friend the other day; I used the ol' "distraction in the front, Spider Bot in the back" trick...with a high degree of success! Mwahaha!

I realized only after the nuclear fallout of his now-dead commander had finally faded away and while I was routing the last of his units that I was literally grinning from ear to ear...

I have played through most of the Cybran campaign. It's really well done...I love how each mission turns out to be a bunch of objectives, sometimes twisting and turning with the story line...rather than re-building your base every new mission like in traditional RTS games. There is a lot of depth to the missions...you really get a chance to learn how to use the many units effectively, macro-management of multiple fronts, and of course, how much fun it is to watch 8 destroyers sail up to the shoreline, deploy their legs, and crawl up onto the beach annihilating (pun intended) everything in their path! Mwahahaha!

A few of my friends aren't sure what army they like the best yet...I am pretty sure I am a confirmed Cybran player! :flowers:
"The whole of science is nothing more than a refinement of everyday thinking." - Albert Einstein

"The world is my country, all mankind are my brethren, and to do good is my religion." - Thomas Paine

"If it looks like a duck, and quacks like a duck, we have at least to consider the possibility that we have a small aquatic bird of the family anatidae on our hands." - Douglas Adams

#13 Mr Alpha

Mr Alpha

• Members
  • 1,875 posts
  •  

Posted 09 March 2007 - 09:14 AM

Playing much? I've been playing waaay too much. I've got an essay that should be ready 'til next week, and I haven't even started yet. Multiplayer is where the fun starts; the AI is too easy.

I was just playing a 1v1 ranked game on Fields of Isis. He had teched up to tier 3 way faster than me but as a result his economy had stalled. I had been throwing T2 units at him, smashing his defenses, just to keep him occupied. What he didn't know was that I had put all my efforts into building a huge economy when I reached tech 3 at a more modest pace. The I used the economy to build three nuke silos and help them produce nukes. As backup I had four transports with Siege Assault Bots in case his commander survived. Just as I was about to release the wrath of god on him I had a BSOD.
"Anyone who cannot form a community with others, or who does not need to because he is self-sufficient [...] is either a beast or a god." Aristotle
Intel Core 2 Quad | XFX 780i SLI | 8GB Corsair | Gigabyte GeForce 8800GTX | Auzentech X-Fi Prelude| Logitech G15 | Logitech MX Revolution | LG Flatron L2000C | Logitech Z-5500 Digital

#14 im_no_good_with_computers

• Topic Starter

• Members
  • 213 posts
  •  

Posted 11 March 2007 - 06:35 PM

what game are you guys talking about, it sounds fun.

#15 Mr Alpha

Mr Alpha

• Members
  • 1,875 posts
  •  

Posted 12 March 2007 - 04:15 AM

Supreme Commander

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users