Register a free account to unlock additional features at BleepingComputer.com
Welcome to BleepingComputer, a free community where people like yourself come together to discuss and learn how to use their computers. Using the site is easy and fun. As a guest, you can browse and view the various discussions in the forums, but can not create a new topic or reply to an existing one unless you are logged in. Other benefits of registering an account are subscribing to topics and forums, creating a blog, and having no ads shown anywhere on the site.

Click here to Register a free account now! or read our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

Photo

Idle Highs And Slow All Over

• Please log in to reply
2 replies to this topic

#1 pfloyd1220

pfloyd1220

• Members
  • 20 posts
  •  
  • Local time:12:17 AM

Posted 07 March 2007 - 10:29 PM

Hi guys,

I had this problem about two months ago, got help from you all and finally couldn't take it and decided to reformat the whole drive. The problem is that the computer, hp pavilion; running windows xp prof., is now running very slow, and it idles at around 16%-45% all the time. Further, if I open a new program, it jumps right to 90% or more. The system seems to have problems running several programs at once and the music, whether from media player, or loading up, is always choppy now.

This problem started about three days ago, and I haven't done anything to the system, minus downloading music, since I reformatted. I've been running a fire wall and a anti-virus program and an anti-spyware program since the beginning. I have done several virus scans from online, and nothing. I really want to figure out what is up, as reformatting again, seems like it will only occur yet again. Any ideas.

Oh, I have noticed, in Windows explorer, under local computer, most of all the files there have really long names, e.g. 0112a3e9d348a3d54a82. And inside each of these folders is a single word document. Hope that helps.

Thanks, anything would be useful!

BC AdBot (Login to Remove)

#2 fozzie

fozzie

aut viam inveniam aut faciam

• Members
  • 3,516 posts
  •  
  • Local time:05:17 AM

Posted 20 March 2007 - 06:27 AM

is this matter solved?

#3 pfloyd1220

pfloyd1220
  • Topic Starter

• Members
  • 20 posts
  •  
  • Local time:12:17 AM

Posted 23 March 2007 - 08:05 AM

It was for a bit, I did a system restore and everything was fine, but the pc is starting to slow again, which means from experience its only a matter of time before it all goes down the tubes.

The one thing I am noticing from before and now is the windows update KB927978 update keeps wanting to be installed, but doesn't seem to actually install itself. Could this be the problem? How would I go about fixing this?

Thanks

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users