Register a free account to unlock additional features at BleepingComputer.com
Welcome to BleepingComputer, a free community where people like yourself come together to discuss and learn how to use their computers. Using the site is easy and fun. As a guest, you can browse and view the various discussions in the forums, but can not create a new topic or reply to an existing one unless you are logged in. Other benefits of registering an account are subscribing to topics and forums, creating a blog, and having no ads shown anywhere on the site.

Click here to Register a free account now! or read our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

Photo

What Is This File? In My Startup

• Please log in to reply
3 replies to this topic

#1 kaylene

kaylene

• Members
  • 1 posts
  •  
  • Local time:08:12 AM

Posted 07 March 2007 - 08:53 PM

This file is in my start up and I cant identify it..
Sulfnkl.exe
Also since cleaning out with "autoruns" my outlook express will not fuction with my server???

BC AdBot (Login to Remove)

#2 jgweed

jgweed

• Members
  • 28,473 posts
  •  
  • Local time:02:12 PM

Posted 07 March 2007 - 08:59 PM

Are you sure about the spelling of Sulfnkl.exe? I can find nothing---even using Google---about it.

What error message do you get when you use OE, and when do you get it?

Regards,
John
Whereof one cannot speak, thereof one should be silent.

#3 jitaa

jitaa

• Members
  • 34 posts
  •  
  • Local time:03:12 PM

Posted 02 April 2007 - 03:11 AM

Please when posting for help make sure that ALL spelling is correct.
The correct file name is Sulfnbk.exe,

Sulfnbk.exe, is a Microsoft Windows 95/98*Grinler utility that is used to restore long file names, and like any .exe file, it can be infected by a virus that targets .exe files.

The Sulfnbk.exe file is not required to run Windows. It may be necessary if you need to restore long file names if the file names become corrupted. For additional information, read the Microsoft Knowledge Base article Description of Sulfnbk.exe and How to Replace the Program File (Q301316)

Let us know if this solves your issue.

Thank you Jitaa :thumbsup:

#4 fozzie

fozzie

aut viam inveniam aut faciam

• Members
  • 3,516 posts
  •  
  • Local time:08:12 PM

Posted 02 April 2007 - 03:17 AM

did you scan your pc on virusses? Investigations lead to believe that there is a small possibilitiy that this file could be infected. Please upload the file at Jotti or Virustotal and post back the result

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users