Register a free account to unlock additional features at BleepingComputer.com
Welcome to BleepingComputer, a free community where people like yourself come together to discuss and learn how to use their computers. Using the site is easy and fun. As a guest, you can browse and view the various discussions in the forums, but can not create a new topic or reply to an existing one unless you are logged in. Other benefits of registering an account are subscribing to topics and forums, creating a blog, and having no ads shown anywhere on the site.

Click here to Register a free account now! or read our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

Photo

Home Theatre

• Please log in to reply
4 replies to this topic

#1 Klinkaroo

Klinkaroo

• Members
  • 1,139 posts
  •  
  • Local time:08:14 PM

Posted 07 March 2007 - 07:28 PM

When I talk about home theater I am talking about a thing that looks like this :

I am getting an Xbox 360 next weak and next year (after the summer) am planning a pretty decent home theatre setup including home theatre vista PC.

My Plans are :

Xbox 360
Windows Vista Gaming PC (around 2000$ Canadian)
Front Projector
Screen for the Projector
Half Decent Temporary Speakers

and if budget allows

Nintento Wii
Surround Sound

Planning on spending about 4.5 K on this baby.

First question, do you think this is achievable?
Second of all, do any of you have a system like this?

BC AdBot (Login to Remove)

#2 cowsgonemadd3

cowsgonemadd3

Feed me some spyware!

• Banned
  • 4,557 posts
  •  
  • Local time:12:14 AM

Posted 07 March 2007 - 08:38 PM

Be weary of the xbox 360. I have read way to many horror stories about them breaking after several hours of use.

Go for some logitech speakers. Get THX certified! I got a nice set and wow what a difference in movies and 280 watts of bass is amazing. The next model up from mine has 500+ watts.

I paid like 180 for them.

That VID had some big speakers I dont know....I mean the ones I have if you turn them up half way will blow you away in games.

Turn them all the way up and it shakes everything.

#3 Klinkaroo

Klinkaroo
  • Topic Starter

• Members
  • 1,139 posts
  •  
  • Local time:08:14 PM

Posted 07 March 2007 - 11:03 PM

Me like shaking things :thumbsup:

I'm the idiot that lives in the middle unit that gets all the complaints filed with the police :flowers: Yup I am the guy everyone hopes dead at 2 am :trumpet: hihi

Me like big sound

Edited by Klinkaroo, 07 March 2007 - 11:04 PM.

#4 cowsgonemadd3

cowsgonemadd3

Feed me some spyware!

• Banned
  • 4,557 posts
  •  
  • Local time:12:14 AM

Posted 07 March 2007 - 11:07 PM

You aint the same idiot who I can hear coming before I can see his car are you?

Ha ha

I dont like it that loud but nothing like feeling like you are there in a game with the nice bass.

#5 DSTM

DSTM

"Bleepin' Aussie Addict"

• Members
  • 2,649 posts
  •  
  • Local time:02:14 PM

Posted 08 March 2007 - 12:04 AM

Me like shaking things :flowers:

I'm the idiot that lives in the middle unit that gets all the complaints filed with the police :trumpet: Yup I am the guy everyone hopes dead at 2 am :inlove: hihi

Me like big sound

:thumbsup: It may be cool now at your age to try and shatter the windows with loud noise,but you are most likely going to suffer Hearing Damage in latter years.I suffer from Tinnitus as a result from enduring excessive loud noise for a long time.Hope you realise the risk.Here is an extract from the famous Mayo Clinic in the US.
QUOTE."Damage to auditory cells in your inner ear most commonly results from:
Noise-related damage to your inner ear. This erosion of your hearing ability may result from excessive exposure to loud noise over a long period of time. Tractors, chain saws and weapons are common sources of noise-related hearing loss.Portable music devices, such as MP3 players or iPods, may become a common source of noise-related hearing loss in the future if people play these devices loudly for long periods."UNQUOTE.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users